Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-01-2016, 03:35 AM   #1
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle3
Missing a line between paragraphs in the code view

Hi, I was not here for some time... today I updated Sigil from version 0.8.6 to the latest one, which is 0.9.6...

To my surprise I have find all paragraphs in the code view are together - not like they used to be before, when there used to be an empty line between. For me it is quite confusing, I definitely prefer the way as it used to be…

So, can you tell me please: Is there any way to place the line between paragraphs in code view, for ease of view and editing? I don't mean to change anything in the actual document, simply to place a line between paragraphs in code view as it used to be in e.g. Sigil 0.8.6.

If it is not possible I think I will have to go back to the old issue, which was quite good anyway.

Thanks for your help
Bigo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:20 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please post your paragraph code and your paragraph CSS so we can see if it is. coding issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2016, 04:57 AM   #3
Bigo2
Zealot
Bigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchforkBigo2 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Hi - it's not the coding issue, this is the code view.

With the old version the entire pages always used to be like this:

CORRECT: http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/QaW9GA9i/file.html

See, there used to be numbered empty lines between paragraphs.

Now the pages are like this:

WRONG1: http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/5kh6KODn/file.html

No empty lines...

Or even like this:

WRONG2: http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/aPRirF6n/file.html

But not always, some EPUBs open just like before...

I'm not sure how to send pictures here so they would be displayed here...

Last edited by Bigo2; 09-01-2016 at 05:34 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:13 AM   #4
Bigo2
Zealot

Found the solution

I have found that when I reformat HTML everything is OK. The old version was doing this automatically...

First files I opened in the new Sigil version were obviously not well formatted - that's why...
Sigil is not doing this atomatically anymore, which I suppose is actually better.

It seems to be OK now.

Thanks

Last edited by Bigo2; 09-02-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo2 View Post
I'm not sure how to send pictures here so they would be displayed here...
@Bigo2 - go into Advanced mode and click the paper clip icon, once you've added the images you can paste inline by selecting from the paper clip drop down.

If you right click in the CV window and select one of the Reformat HTML->Mend and Prettify options I think you'll get what you want.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2016, 06:30 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yes. As you've discovered, Sigil is no longer automatically "Prettifying" html code. Sorry for any confusion, but I'm glad you figured it out.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:50 AM   #7
Bigo2
Zealot

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help!

Last edited by Bigo2; 09-02-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Bigo2 - addendum: you can assign a shortcut to Mend and Prettify all HTML in Preferences, I have it as Ctrl+Alt+F10.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #9
Bigo2
Zealot

Done!
Thanks