Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #1381
Styrmist
Styrmist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 (KT2)
Hi, I have version uploaded by desterly. It works good, but can't move books between collections. This button is always gray. Copy button works. How it can be fixed?
Styrmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:53 PM   #1382
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What is a "Kindle T2" model?

Give us the first 6 characters of your device's serial number so we can identify the model.
Also, Collections Manager is firmware version specific.
So you need to also tell us what firmware version you are running.

It may also depend on where you got the jail break files and directions for your device from.
If not from here, there may be something missing from what you used.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2017, 12:33 PM   #1383
Styrmist
Styrmist began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 (KT2)
Model - Kindle Basic 2014 (KT2)
Firware - 5.8.7
Jailbreak from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ight=downgrade
Styrmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 01:18 PM   #1384
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrmist View Post
Model - Kindle Basic 2014 (KT2)
Firware - 5.8.7
Jailbreak from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ight=downgrade
The one for 5.8.7 is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1370
But I don't see any reports that it works on a KT2, it might not or it might not have all functions that work.
Just like you found.

Each firmware build that Amazon does changes the obfuscation of the Java part of the system.
And just because the firmware version number is the same, the build number on different devices may be different.

"Fixing" it for a different build is no different than the work needed to be done to make it work on another firmware version.

CM is in a public repository - you can just check the changes made from commit to commit to find the details.
Use NiLuJe's repository rather than ixtab's repository.
If there are still any outstanding pull requests, pull and commit those to bring your clone of NiLuJe's repository up to date.

Last edited by knc1; 02-01-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #1385
saluli
Connoisseur
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
Does collection manager can make my kindle paper white 3 freeze when I try to add a book to a collection via the native interface? After selecting a collection, I cannot exit the screen, only by reseting the kindle.
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #1386
knc1
Going Viral

Not likely.
Try again while you have an Internet connection so collection information can be transferred to your account.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:08 AM   #1387
lorelaisquared
lorelaisquared began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi there,

I recently got Collections Manager loaded onto my Kindle Touch and I'm loving it so far. I used Calibre to do the big sorting but now I'm working on getting collections within collections and I've run into a snag. I had calibre sort my books that are series but those books were also tagged by genre (and I couldn't figure out how to get calibre to exclude them) so now they're in two places and I can't figure out how to remove them from the main genre folder.

For example, I have all of the books from the series "Anne of Green Gables" saved in a collection within the collection "Classics" but those books are ALSO in "Classics". I'd like to get it so they are only in the series collection but I can't figure out how to remove them from classics without moving them to another collection. I'm having the same issue with authors that were sorted into their own collections as well.

I've attached a screen shot of how I set it up in Calibre.

Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 03.12.22.png
Views:	275
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	154956  

Last edited by lorelaisquared; 02-13-2017 at 06:26 AM. Reason: adding a screen shot
lorelaisquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:22 AM   #1388
knc1
Going Viral

The screenshot is a picture of Calibre and your post states a problem with Calibre.
Try posting in the Calibre forum, somebody there probably knows the answer.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=236
Old 02-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #1389
lorelaisquared
lorelaisquared began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The screenshot is a picture of Calibre and your post states a problem with Calibre.
Try posting in the Calibre forum, somebody there probably knows the answer.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=236
Sorry I think I wasn't clear. I have no way to take a screen shot of my kindle, so that's why I showed what I did in calibre before moving to my kindle hoping that would help. The calibre sort created duplicates I don't want and I can't figure out how to remove them from a collection using in the Kindle Collections Manager on my Touch. I can only seem to move them to another collection but I only want them in one collection.

Thank you for the link to the calibre forum though, I will post there as well in case there's a way to simplify things on the calibre end.

Last edited by lorelaisquared; 02-13-2017 at 07:58 AM. Reason: typo
lorelaisquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:21 AM   #1390
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelaisquared View Post
Sorry I think I wasn't clear. I have no way to take a screen shot of my kindle, so that's why I showed what I did in calibre before moving to my kindle hoping that would help. The calibre sort created duplicates I don't want and I can't figure out how to remove them from a collection using in the Kindle Collections Manager on my Touch. I can only seem to move them to another collection but I only want them in one collection.

Thank you for the link to the calibre forum though, I will post there as well in case there's a way to simplify things on the calibre end.
You have a touchscreen Kindle, you have a way to take a screenshot:
Touch two diagonally opposite corners (two fingers) at the same time.

Most likely cause: Collection Manager does not support nested connections on you device/firmware combination.
Check the first post and any readme.* document(s) in the package.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #1391
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryg123 View Post
All afternoon I've been trying to get this to work. I have no WiFi connection.

1. My Kindle is PW 3, G090 G105...
2. I installed update update_PW3_5.7.4_initial.bin and Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install. The kindle rebooted and installed, but it's no longer registered.*
3. I installed CollectionsManager_2.8.1.
4. I get the error above.

* I have no WiFi connection. However, I can still read the books I purchased; I reloaded them onto Kindle using Calibre.

I don't care how I manage the collections, either using the Kindle or Calibre, but the Calibre plugin doesn't seem to be functional.

What do I have to do to get a decent collections manager working?

Thanks,
Harry
First thing to do is -
You must be running a consumer firmware build, not a factory firmware build.
None of our add-ins where ever tested or intended to work while the device is running a factory (for manufacturing use only) firmware build.

You really, really should follow all of the jailbreak steps, exactly, in-order and without taking any little shortcuts.
Really.
All of those directions are written for a reason, I can not recommend to anyone that they not follow them exactly.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #1392
ADambi
Enthusiast
ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.ADambi has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW2 5.4.5.1
Display redraw fix from desterly, support for 5.8.8 added, untested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 0016+0017 Support-for-firmware-5.8.8.x.patch.zip (5.2 KB, 231 views)
File Type: azw2 CollectionsManager.azw2 (645.5 KB, 226 views)
ADambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #1393
shaunhoop1981
shaunhoop1981 began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADambi View Post
Display redraw fix from desterly, support for 5.8.8 added, untested.

Hi Thank you for this update i have been struggling to get collections manager working on my.

pw3 5.8.0.7.1

S/N G090 G105

all i was getting was lockups when trying to add items to collections then i had to reset.

just wanted to confirm how to use the patch files ware to put them ect.

Thanks shaun
shaunhoop1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #1394
knc1
Going Viral

You don't.
The "patch" files are for the CM maintainer, not for the end-user.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #1395
saluli
Connoisseur
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not likely.
Try again while you have an Internet connection so collection information can be transferred to your account.
still having to reset after editing a collection.... Could it be be because they are sideloaded fanfictions generated by FanficFare Plugin?
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks