Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 08:23 AM   #1
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
Kobo Plus

I see this launched today, 30 days free then $9.99 per month but it's not clear to me if the Plus library of books is the same as the regular library. Here's what it says:
"Add eBooks from the Kobo Plus Read catalogue

Hundreds of thousands of titles, plus exclusive Kobo Originals."

Does anyone have more information on this and know if the catalogues are the same?
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:42 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It won't include any of the big publishers, or they would have said so explicitly. It'll just be the same small publishers as Kindle Unlimited. But fewer titles.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2020, 09:01 AM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
It launched awhile ago in the Netherlands and parts of Belgium. And yesterday for Canada.

There’s speculation they’ll bring it to the US as well soon.

I’m not sure if it’s because I’m in the US or just an error but I was only able to look at basically the popular books under the service, rather than specified genres. I was not impressed.

This might change if I’m ever able to see particular genres but I’m fairly skeptical of it.
MGlitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #4
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
For Canada, the selection of books appears to be similar to Scribd.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote