Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
jstabe
Enthusiast
jstabe began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Images not showing in ePub books

I'm actually not sure where to post this because I'm not sure where the issue is. I have some ePub books that have images in the story. When I read on my tablet (a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1), I get little green boxes instead of the image. I don't know if there is something I should be doing with Calibre before loading my book onto the tablet or what. If anyone has a suggestion of what to check, I'd appreciate it.
jstabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
What reading app are you using? Have you tried others? Do they show in Sigil or ADE?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
jstabe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
What reading app are you using? Have you tried others? Do they show in Sigil or ADE?
I use Moon Reader. I don't have Sigil or ADE, but they do show if I open them on my laptop using Adobe.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstabe View Post
I'm actually not sure where to post this because I'm not sure where the issue is. I have some ePub books that have images in the story. When I read on my tablet (a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1), I get little green boxes instead of the image. I don't know if there is something I should be doing with Calibre before loading my book onto the tablet or what. If anyone has a suggestion of what to check, I'd appreciate it.
Your book is assembled incorrectly.
The pictures in the book appear to be stored (referenced) to a place on your computer or network.
When you move the book to a device, those no longer are available (separated).
All required pieces need to be embedded within the book (the correct assembly of a book).

There is a slight chance, of a simple Case mismatch. some viewers are tolerant of this.

MyPic.jpg is not the same as mypic.jpg or MyPic.JPG
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
jstabe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Your book is assembled incorrectly.
The pictures in the book appear to be stored (referenced) to a place on your computer or network.
When you move the book to a device, those no longer are available (separated).
All required pieces need to be embedded within the book (the correct assembly of a book).

There is a slight chance, of a simple Case mismatch. some viewers are tolerant of this.

MyPic.jpg is not the same as mypic.jpg or MyPic.JPG
I'll check this out. Thanks!
Advert