Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Cool #kindle-dev THE IRC channel for Kindle development. JOIN US. (IRC ≈ CHAT CLIENT)

PHP Code:
* -    _____        ___.   .__.__        __________                   .___
* -   /     \   ____\|__ |__|  |   ____\______   ____ _____     ___/
* -  /  \ /  \ /  
\| __ \|  |  | ___ \|       _// __ \\__  \   / __ | 
* - /    Y    (  <_> ) \_\ \  |  |_\  ___/|    |   \  ___/ / __ \_/ /_/ | 
* - \
____|__  /\____/|___  /__|____/\___  >____|_  /\___  >____  /\____ 
* -         \/           \/             \/       \/     \/     \/      \/ 
* -  
* -                 
Visit us http://www.mobileread.com
* -  
* -                ::  
You are connected to irc.mr.gd  ::
* -  
* -            ::  
Listening on ports6665-6669, and 7000  ::
* -             ::  
Also with SSL on ports6697 and 9999 :: 
Quote:
Now talking on #kindle-dev
Need a place to go chat? Threads not quite instant enough for you.
Or just a quiet corner to mull over some ideas with your developer buddies?

Well.. Don't forget about #kindle-dev, its part of the #mobileread IRC
offering and there is plenty of bandwidth to go round....

NOT SURE HOW TO CHAT?

You can find your chat credentials HERE

WHY DO I NEED chat credentials ?

Well... If you want to use our full-screen webchat you will need them

Or if you prefer just activate your integrated chat widget and start chatting right now without them!!!

We have guides to chat available for new comers

BUT? I'M ALREADY A CHAT NINJA!

If you are familiar with IRC, or if you've read our chat guides, and want to use a third party IRC client.
(xchat for example or many others)

Or if you SURE you are experienced...

Our server settings:

Quote:
Server: irc.mr.gd
Ports: 6665-6669, and 7000
Secure Ports (SSL): 6697 and 9999
Main Channel: #mobileread

Developers corner: #kindle-dev
See you on the chatterbox!

Last edited by twobob; 03-27-2013 at 03:11 AM. Reason: ≈
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stickied and created - as suggested by Eureka (et al). Thanks mates

Last edited by twobob; 03-26-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Of course - the channel name kindle-dev is a dynamic name.

It does not exist until someone creates it (by entering it as the first person to use it - which also makes them channel god).

That might be a bit confusing to a newbie that goes looking for it in the channel list and not finding it (because no one is using it at that moment in time).

It might be better to either add that channel name to the chat server as a permanent channel (even if empty), or
Advertise the main channel in this thread (which is never empty - SnowWhite lives there).

Edit: OK - I did it this morning, but I am not all that reliable for a channel god.

PS: We should probably spend some time getting the conference room plug-in working on our own Jabber server - it does not have this "permanent, empty room" problem that IRC has.

Last edited by knc1; 03-27-2013 at 09:18 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And for all things KUAL - there is also the KUAL support forum (with true problem resolution support) that is monitored by the KUAL team members:
http://kual.knetconnect.com/forums/forum/kual/
(and no ads, it is a membership donation supported forum, which also happens to work on a grayscale Kindle display - yeah, like that was an accident.)
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
twobob

Good point. I try to be logged in 24/7 best I can but my feeble body fails a few hours short each time

Well. The facility is there. Good to see it utilised. : )
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just ask Alexander for our own SnowWhite (I guess she's a bot?)... She will keep #kindle-dev open permanently and maybe even recognize some users as OPs (I'm not quite sure whether she can do it).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
twobob

Its busy in there...
Old 06-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, I'm back, and my bouncer is up again, so, I should be on there 24/7, barring a server issue somewhere .

For reference:

If my nick is NiLuJe^Off, then, you guessed it, I'm not there, you're talking to my ZNC instance . (private messages are logged, so I'll see those, but channel noise is limited to a 1H replay for context when I get back).

If it's NiLuJe, I'm there . If I'm away, don't hesitate to pm/hl me, because I have an auto-away set after 30min, so I'm nearly always away anyway, but the pm/hl will trigger a notification that I'll see if I'm not really AFK .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-23-2013 at 08:21 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just joined, I'll try hanging out there.
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is the server down right now, or is that just me and my wobbly new setup?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
twobob

it's up right now. looks like it took a brief tumble
Old 08-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
it's up right now. looks like it took a brief tumble
Looks down (again?) from here now.

Which may just be a 'local thing' -
I had an attack of 'network grimlins' here yesterday.

Last edited by knc1; 08-31-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hmm, seems like the IRC server box decided to reboot itself. The IRC server is up, but not the Web chat. Looking into it right now!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
OK, all services are back up including the IRC bots. Sorry about that.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #15
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yay, thanks!

Tags
chat, developers corner, development, irc, web chat