Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #1
scruffs
Connoisseur
scruffs doesn't litterscruffs doesn't litter

Device: ePUB Kindle and iBooks
Unhappy Opacity of images lost in mobi preview

So, here's yet another one for you...

I have an epub including PNG images with opacity. All looks good in KP3. So I export as .mobi so I can view it on the Kindle macOS app. Where the opacity should be, it is now a mid-grey.

Is this a known bug with the macOS app? Seems to me that it is very often the case that KP3 'preview' and Kindle app 'reality' differ somewhat.

BTW: The epub displays just fine in Apple Books on macOS.

PS: I unpacked the .mobi and the GIFs produced by KP3 actually have the background included!

THX
scruffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 07:55 AM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Check out this forum. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=168 You seem to have a LOT of questions that would be better asked here.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
scruffs
Connoisseur

Thanks
Old 06-29-2020, 08:31 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffs View Post
Where the opacity should be, it is now a mid-grey.
From the Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines section 10 (Image Guidelines):

Quote:
10.4.1 Use Supported Input Formats

Kindle devices and reading applications do not support TIFF, multi-frame GIFs, or any image with a transparency.
(And I agree that a subforum devoted to Kindle users is not the best place to ask questions about book publishing.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:25 AM   #5
scruffs
Connoisseur

Thanks!
Advert