Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #16
jfk
Nameless Being

not important

Last edited by jfk; 10-01-2018 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:42 PM   #17
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The instructions are all available at the bottom of the page at https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

All you need to do is make sure you actually have all the relevant dependencies.

Again, if you use Arch Linux ARM, this is dead simple. Just install the prebuilt package, or use the calibre-git package from the Arch User Repository.
Dear eschwartz, do you have an image file of Arch Linux (with Calibre 3.x pre-installed) that I can easily flash to SDcard?

Google returns this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/archlinux-rpi2/

But the last update was more than a year ago, so maybe it can't run Calibre 3.x?
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
Dear eschwartz, do you have an image file of Arch Linux (with Calibre 3.x pre-installed) that I can easily flash to SDcard?

Google returns this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/archlinux-rpi2/

But the last update was more than a year ago, so maybe it can't run Calibre 3.x?
Uh! Eli visits infrequently these days. I think the last post was over 6mos ago
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:20 PM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@nqk - eschwartz will probably respond to a PM

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:22 AM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Coincidentally you caught me the day I popped back (to see if there was any news on the upcoming qt5-webengine migration).

From the look of that project, it's essentially just the tarballs provided on https://archlinuxarm.org/ converted into an ISO image. Actually I'm not sure what the point is.

But it should be quite simple to use the official archlinuxarm releases, follow the instructions to format your SD card and copy over the contents of the tarball. Then boot into the rpi and pacman -Syu calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2018, 12:56 AM   #21
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Coincidentally you caught me the day I popped back (to see if there was any news on the upcoming qt5-webengine migration).
FYI, you can try out the web engine integration by using the engine branch of calibre. The editor integration is done (for the preview panel and live css) the viewer replacement is in progress.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:32 AM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, but I saw you closing old bugs with "we're going webengine" so I was wondering if you were at the beta stage yet.

... I'm not quite ready to switch my AUR build to that, anyway. Moreso given I cannot even get it to build right now due to that sphinx bug.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:37 AM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's a long road to beta -- not only do I have to finish the viewer rewrite I also have to get updated builds of all the calibre deps including qt + qt webkit + qt webengine on all the platforms calibre supports.

And I have to see if I can figure out why web engine's render process sometimes crashes randomly on startup. At the moment I workaround it by restarting the render process, but...
Old 08-30-2018, 01:38 AM   #24
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:

From the look of that project, it's essentially just the tarballs provided on https://archlinuxarm.org/ converted into an ISO image. Actually I'm not sure what the point is.

But it should be quite simple to use the official archlinuxarm releases, follow the instructions to format your SD card and copy over the contents of the tarball. Then boot into the rpi and pacman -Syu calibre.
I actually did try my best to follow the instruction on the site. -Syy and -Syu runs well (after I had to rename certificate.crt file - again, with a lot of seach). And now I can't install anything because it says "signature from Arch Linux ARM...." is unknown trust.

Since I'm going to use this only for Calibre 3.x server, It would be great help if you can provide an img file.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:40 AM   #25
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Providing an img file would not help you with your unknown trust issues, since you can boot into the system just fine.

Instead see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...llation_failed
Old 08-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #26
nqk
Fanatic

Thank you. After several hours, I could install Calibre on ArchLinux. No error.

But when I type "calibre" at the # command, it says "qt.qpa.screen: QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display"

What should I do next?

(I had to resize the partition to fill all the space of the 16GB card)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You need a running X server if you want to use the calibre GUI. Otherwise use just the calibre-server command to run the server.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:20 AM   #28
nqk
Fanatic

If I could get it running I think I have to prepare a "newbie's guide for newbie" as many of the things that you magicians find easy are alien to us. .
Old 08-31-2018, 09:41 AM   #29
nqk
Fanatic

Dear @kovid,

If I copy my Windows library folder to the archlinux, will it work? How about users setting, I mean password and accessibility? It it the same?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
If you follow that procedure everything, including users/plugins/etc. will be transferred.