Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #76
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
There is now a mod available for the latest fw version:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=85
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #77
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Thanks, that mod looks awesome. Has anyone tried this with the Aura at 2.8.1?
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #78
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
yes. works great on aura and glo.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #79
miyata
miyata began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Google Nexus 10
I just tried it on AUra, only patch activated was
patch_name = `Minimize reading footer`
and it worked like a charme, took about two minutes, download, configure, patch, done.
very nice!
miyata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #80
snuffed
snuffed began at the beginning.

Device: none
I've installed the 04 version without changing anything, but even though the page number is super tiny now it seems like every second page (or several pages in a row) in my epubs still has the normal/larger footer margin.
How do I go about adjusting the footer margin size manually?
snuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #81
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffed View Post
I've installed the 04 version without changing anything, but even though the page number is super tiny now it seems like every second page (or several pages in a row) in my epubs still has the normal/larger footer margin.
How do I go about adjusting the footer margin size manually?
I'd suspect that you are running into the widows/orphans issues. In the old days when dead trees were king, leaving 1 or 2 lines at the bottom of page (orphans) or at the top of a page (widows) was considered ugly. So lines were moved from the bottom on one page to the top of the other to keep that from happening. If you set widows: 0; and orphans: 0; in the epub's css stylesheet, this will disable this behaviour. There have been many discussions about how to do this. The easiest for most people is to use Calibre to handle the modification. Again quite a few discussions about this. A search for Extra CSS and Calibre will pull up a few. The last one I posted was https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2591364

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 08-13-2013 at 05:12 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #82
snuffed
snuffed began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Regards,
David
Thanks for that. Yeah I found the widow orphan calibre CSS settings after I posted, thought I would have to delete and convert and retransfer my library but apparently it's not necessary with the latest version of calibre.

Edit: Also just realised that another reason for my inconsistent gaps were probably the spacing between the paragraphs.

Last edited by snuffed; 08-14-2013 at 08:49 AM.
snuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #83
jeremytfsp
jeremytfsp began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
does this still work for FW 3.0.1 (644485e229)?

hey guys, i just got a kobo touch and its on the latest firmware,

does this tweak still work? im a newbie, so can someone tell me explicitly what ?to do?

thanks
jeremytfsp is offline   Reply With Quote