Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #301
ironflute
ironflute began at the beginning.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
I wouldn't buy it. It sounds as though you have a bum unit. I haven't had nearly as many problems with my Glo as you have with yours.

My first Kobo was a Touch. My wife and I bought ours on the same day, at the same store, a couple of years ago. She's still using hers happily, whereas I had no end of problems with mine, problems similar to yours.

I returned my unit to Kobo and got a refurb unit in the mail. I seldom had problems with the new unit, and even now my sister is using it happily (I gave it to her when I got my Glo).

I've had my Glo since December, and it has crashed maybe twice, then bounced right up again. I would characterize myself as a heavy user.

So my guess is that you have a bad Glo, and the sheer number of factory resets you said you've done on it have probably not left it "as new as a used item can be". You couldn't pay me to buy it, unless you paid me $130.

Over and out.
Yes, I see how restoring the firmware to factory defaults through a supported method can ruin it.
ironflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #302
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironflute View Post
Yes, I see how restoring the firmware to factory defaults through a supported method can ruin it.
Yeah, you might think this is being sarcastic but remember this is Kobo firmware we are talking about so what you are saying might just simply be true.
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #303
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidoid View Post
Yeah, you might think this is being sarcastic but remember this is Kobo firmware we are talking about so what you are saying might just simply be true.
I think rwhe was referring to the hardware. There seems to be an occasional Glo with problems setting them up. The new owner goes through the setup process several times and it still doesn't work. They take it back, get a new one and it works first time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #304
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironflute View Post
My new thread is about a feature of Cailbre, not the Nook.
The thread I linked to was you complaining about the keyboard in the GTalk app. Specifically you said:

The only thing I've run into so far is the keyboard in the GTalk app. I can sign into GTalk fine, I can set a status message fine, but when I select a buddy and open an IM window, I get a space to type the message and a send button, but no keyboard.

No mention of Calibre was made.

Last edited by moffattm; 02-06-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Tidy text
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #305
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I think rwhe was referring to the hardware. There seems to be an occasional Glo with problems setting them up. The new owner goes through the setup process several times and it still doesn't work. They take it back, get a new one and it works first time.
Fair enough -- you're quite correct.
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert