Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2013, 12:47 AM   #646
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@TheSacredSoul: Huh. Answered .

Will be fixed in the next version, and I just posted in the KindleUnpack thread to see if anyone had ever encountered anything like it... Thanks!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #647
palazzo
Enthusiast
palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Apologies for dimness - I've just lost my screensaver hack after the newest firmware update. What do I have to reinstall? I got the impression that installing combined-dev-certs would do it, but it hasn't. Ta.
palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #648
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by palazzo View Post
Apologies for dimness - I've just lost my screensaver hack after the newest firmware update. What do I have to reinstall? I got the impression that installing combined-dev-certs would do it, but it hasn't. Ta.
The safest and easiest (no guesswork) bet is to reinstall everything as outlined in the first post, as if you were starting from scratch.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #649
palazzo
Enthusiast
palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.palazzo can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
That worked, thanks a lot. It's amazing how such a small thing can become so necessary for one's happiness. So I'm happy now.
palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #650
wallacemckart
Enthusiast
wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

My screensavers hack is not working. My PW still showing ads. After I installed screensaver hack, I installed kual. Does it make my PW confused?

I have 2 linkss folder in my PW. First in root directory, the other one in extensions directory. Should I remove one of them to make it work properly?
I believe that my screensavers' dimension, naming, resolution are alright.

Here some screenshots of my kindle directories.

wallacemckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #651
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You mention ads, which means you own an SO device. You'll have to unsubscribe from the special offers to be able to use this hack.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #652
wallacemckart
Enthusiast
wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.

Deleted

Last edited by wallacemckart; 07-22-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #653
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yep : pay the fee to unsubscribe from special offers ;-)
Old 07-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #654
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacemckart View Post
is there any way to change SO devices' screensavers?
see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200942
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #655
wallacemckart
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I see. For our sake I am remowing my post.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #656
romanrdgz
romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PW 5.3.5
I have installed python from the zip provided in this post in my Paperwhite. But if I go to a terminal inside the kindle and type python, python is not found.

What am I missing?
romanrdgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #657
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanrdgz View Post
I have installed python from the zip provided in this post in my Paperwhite. But if I go to a terminal inside the kindle and type python, python is not found.

What am I missing?
Updating the PATH variable to include the directory path to your python installation.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #658
romanrdgz
romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.romanrdgz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PW 5.3.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Updating the PATH variable to include the directory path to your python installation.
Sounds legit. How can I do that? Is it possible to do it from the Kterm application, or should I use SSH? After trying Kterm, I am not able to find any directory or file appart from the Kterm folder ones, so maybe it is not possible to run Python from here, but it is from SSH.

Any idea?
romanrdgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #659
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
No such limitation on the kTerm installed on my machine.
Which is one of the older builds.

"not able to find any directory or file apart from ..."
Let me guess, you are a Windows user?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204534
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #660
NiLuJe
BLAM!

As knc1 said, you'll need to set PATH & PYTHONHOME properly. Check the install script in the Python package for an example.

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch