Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #541
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Help:Editing

https://wiki.mobileread.com/w/index.p...edit&section=1 <-- Here is an example of pushing the EDIT button on the K5 index

Note the "Not logged in"-ness

: )

Hope that helps
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:46 AM   #542
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
if you install ixtab's rescue pack from:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195670
You may have to uninstall and reinstall your screensaver hack, at least I did.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 AM   #543
withmenilu
withmenilu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unfortunately not working for me.. I'm on 5.3.1 Jailbroken PW with the custom fonts hack applied, I tried your method but it only displays the default one.. When I copy png's to the screensaver folder it auto renames them to bg_medium_ss00, bg_medium_ss01 etc.. but wont display any custom screensavers when I hit the power button, any workaround for this?
withmenilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #544
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

withmenilu, have you rebooted (N.B. Rebooted not reset) the kindle?
Does it display that it's checking screensavers whilst it's rebooting.
Where did you get the Kindle from?
Old 04-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #545
withmenilu
withmenilu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
withmenilu, have you rebooted (N.B. Rebooted not reset) the kindle?
Does it display that it's checking screensavers whilst it's rebooting.
Where did you get the Kindle from?
Hey, all good here, had to unsubscribe from special offers!!! After doing that and a reboot it worked!!! Thanks...
withmenilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #546
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by withmenilu View Post
Hey, all good here, had to unsubscribe from special offers!!! After doing that and a reboot it worked!!! Thanks...
Excellent. I found it worth the price to unsubscribe, too.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #547
iamagloworm
Connoisseur
iamagloworm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (Manga)
had the screensavers hack working on kindle paperwhite 5.3.4 (without advertising). Now it is not working. The correct cover is in the linkss folder and the empty file cover is there. but it shows a quote from murakami, which admittedly is not as bad as some of the previous ones i had to suffer, but it is still not what i want.

do i have to uninstall and reinstall? is there an easier way?
iamagloworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #548
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Try uninstall and reinstall. It shouldn't remove the folder.
Have you tried Rebooting (note not resetting) the kindle?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #549
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I need someone's help. I just installed the screensavers hack and I've uploaded my screensavers into linkss->screensavers (where I saw the 'you can delete me image' which states that the screensavers hack has been successfully installed) and have restarted my Kindle Paperwhite but I still get the default images when I put my Kindle in standby mode.

The images are PNG files, 758x1024, grayscale.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #550
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Is this a "Special Offers" Kindle ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #551
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Is this a "Special Offers" Kindle ?
Originally yes, but I opted out of special offers when I first got it.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #552
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
Originally yes, but I opted out of special offers when I first got it.
Interesting.

There have been reports that Amazon has had problems with changing the SO status of Kindles.
Are the ads gone now or did they come back ?

I don't recall what the solution was for the folks that reported the problem, nor do I recall the links on this forum to those posts.

Of course, this may not be the cause of your problem, it might be something I didn't recognize in your description.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #553
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Interesting.

There have been reports that Amazon has had problems with changing the SO status of Kindles.
Are the ads gone now or did they come back ?

I don't recall what the solution was for the folks that reported the problem, nor do I recall the links on this forum to those posts.

Of course, this may not be the cause of your problem, it might be something I didn't recognize in your description.
The ads did not come back since I removed them. I don't know why I'm still getting the default screensavers I followed the steps and like I stated earlier, I saw the image that says that the hack was successfully installed so there shouldn't be any problems.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #554
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
The ads did not come back since I removed them. I don't know why I'm still getting the default screensavers I followed the steps and like I stated earlier, I saw the image that says that the hack was successfully installed so there shouldn't be any problems.
Have you done a restart (menu->settings->restart) without the usb cable attached? It will not pickup the new images until you do a restart...
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #555
Gazella
Wizard

Touch & PaperWhite ScreenSavers Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Have you done a restart (menu->settings->restart) without the usb cable attached? It will not pickup the new images until you do a restart...
I did do a restart but I'm not sure if I had the cable attached or not. I think it was. Does it really make a difference?

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch