Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
Paper White registration issue

I'm really bummed. I received my new Paper White yesterday, but was unable to successfully "register" the device. I have an existing Amazon account that I have used on both my current 4th generation Kindle and a second generation Kindle. When I log into my Amazon account and "Manage" my devices, it shows my new Paper White. However, I have been unsuccessful at registering from within the device itself. I always get an error that the registration is taking longer than normal and will continue in the background while I "use" my Kindle. I contacted Amazon's support through the Chat system and after a long troubleshooting process, they are fed Exing me a new device. Has anyone else experienced this? Note, the experimental browser works fine, so my WiFi connection is not the issue. The Amazon support person (Ebrahim) was very friendly and acted swiftly to resolve my issue by sending me a new device. After reading about some of the uneven lighting issues, I hope I get a good one. The one I received looked great.
Cheers, Joe
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
It is supposed to come pre-registered. If you tried to register it again, that may have caused the problem.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
If it was ordered as a gift it would not be pre-registered. That is how I ordered mine so I can make a copy of the firmware and settings before registration can change them.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
It is supposed to come pre-registered. If you tried to register it again, that may have caused the problem.
Even though it's "pre-registered" there's still a registration step it takes you through on initial setup.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My PW came pre registered, but I still came to the screen that asks whether you have an existing Amazon account or want to open a new account. Given all of the screen issues being reported (mine looked great), I tried to register again and again over a three day period without success. I even "deregistered" the new PW through "Manage your Devices" and tried to register without success. I gave in and shipped it back to Amazon? I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. I will be really upset if my replacement has screen issues...... The new one should be delivered Tuesday. Wish me luck!
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
When I recieved my unit a few days ago, it was NOT preregistered. "My Kindle Devices" page showed the PW without a serial number.

I registered the unit through its own registration screen. It did not appear on the "My Kindle Devices" page. On the Order page it showed "Still Shipping."

I called CS. First they told me it could not be used until the official delivery date of Oct 11. I appealed to the next level.

Then it appeared on "My Kindle Devices" page as a SECOND PW with a serial number. I deregistered the non-serial number unit.

Everything is fine now but there is a possibility I may receive a 2nd unit which I will have to return. It now shows as "Shipped" on my Order page with the proper UPS tracking number.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
jmmcg9
Zealot

Interesting. Mine appeared with serial # on my device page. Now the shipped replacement unit shows up without a serial #. I'll bet my original device was ok, but still needed some kind of "activation" on Amazon's end. When I talked to the CS it was late at night & no Software Engineer was available till the next day. Rather than wait,the CS offered to go ahead and replace the PW. I probably should have waited a day & contacted the Software Eng.
The good news is my Amazon tan leather cover with an original delivery estimate of Oct 31, showed up. So I'll have a case for my PW when it arrives!
Cheers, Joe