Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Hedaya
Connoisseur
Hedaya began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 612
converting longer files

I think I'm in some sort of a bad hardware loop these days. I have some files that are in epub format that are on the larger side, and it fails every time I try to convert them with calibre to PDF (I actually need these in PDF format, for reasons I won't get into). Is there any solution? (like a user friendly way to cut them in half or something? I have a PDF editor that does that rather well)
Hedaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
These would be the Arabic files?

Try converting to html and converting/halving them etc.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
Hedaya
Connoisseur

Good. Now can you tell me how to do that? =) Calibre has HTMLZ, would that work, or.....
Old 03-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Hedaya
Connoisseur

Yes, they are. (how'd you guess? =) Is it my 1000 posts on this forum on the subject? LOL!! =) )