Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #16
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I've used Calibre to transfer books to my iPad without any difficulties.
So have I...but it doesn't work the same was as with every other device Calibre supports. You need to go through iTunes, and possibly deal with extra copies of the file, depending on how you manage your library.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #17
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
So have I...but it doesn't work the same was as with every other device Calibre supports. You need to go through iTunes, and possibly deal with extra copies of the file, depending on how you manage your library.
Through iTunes? I have no recollection of this. Calibre just dropped the ebooks into iBooks. They ultimately synced into iTunes after they were on the iPad.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Through iTunes? I have no recollection of this. Calibre just dropped the ebooks into iBooks. They ultimately synced into iTunes after they were on the iPad.
It's the other way around, unless something major changed about putting data on an iPad that I haven't heard about.. From Calibre's point of view, iTunes IS the device, not the iPad, because only iTunes can put books on an iPad or iPod. Calibre puts the books in your iTunes library, and iTunes then syncs them with the device.

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-iphone-itouch

Last edited by ApK; 03-27-2012 at 03:19 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote