Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Request: 14

Just wondering if it would be possible to remove the (MB) from the Size column

The reason I ask is:
It's really not needed - anyone who needs to know, will already know, it denotes MB
It means you have to keep the column at a set width, making it smaller, makes the title unreadable.

An alternative would be to code it so it shrinks the text differently, so the (MB) disappear. But removing it is probably the best solution.

What do you think?

Also while I'm here:
Is it possible to have a hot link from the Author name in a column to the Author in the tag list (So clicking on an Author will result in All Authors of that name being displayed)

And on a same note:
An awesome developer implemented a previous suggestion, that made it possible to click on a letter in the Tag field to display All A-Authors etc, So I'm wondering if adding the same functionality when tags are displayed by popularity is possible? (So clicking on the "15-8 (100)" etc, will result in All those being displayed)

Sorry for long post - dam this is making it longer isn't it
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:57 AM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Is it possible to have a hot link from the Author name in a column to the Author in the tag list (So clicking on an Author will result in All Authors of that name being displayed)
If you select any row and press Alt-A you will get only that author shown.

Alternatively, right-click on an author name in the column and choose Similar Books > Books by Same Author.

If I've misunderstood you though, and you're wanting something that would pull out all authors with the same surname, e.g. Smith, you could handle that by typing a filter - how often would you need to be reviewing multiple authors who have the same name?

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #3
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
To your first point. Yes, make a right click on this column and choose hide column. Alternative you can choose "add your own column" to select what you like to see. Other way is to go to preferences->Interface->look and feel->book details and choose the columns you need or define a set of additional own columns for your needs.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DDuck, yes I suppose I could hide that column and create another with a smaller title, not sure of what to use to get the size - but anyway the point there was to make it more aesthetic for others, not just myself = thanks though

Graham
Alt-A - didn't know that, yes that does what I wanted. much appreciated.
Same as above though, would be nice to have it automaticly done with a single click...

Just thought of another:
So want a "back button"
Many times I want to go back a step, either to undo, or just to go back to the previous display I had. I imagine its probably already on Kovids 300 long todo list
Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
transmitthis
Addict

Ah, Another I wanted to mention.

I have columns set up so I can D-click on them and edit the fields
like title author genre tags etc...
At present when D-Clicking you are presented with an empty field to write in, you have to start to write, or paste before the drop down list of available items is displayed....is it at all possible to have that list be accessible via the mouse.
It would make it much easy to change with out having to switch to the keyboard.

( yes I do realize most exp users will be on kboard and just f2 and start to type, but sometimes just using a mouse is preferable.)
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 03:15 AM   #6
denstock
denstock began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
yes I do realize most exp users will be on kboard and just f2 and start to type, but sometimes just using a mouse is preferable.)
agreed. so i'm interested in the answer too
denstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
transmitthis
Addict

woohoo, I belive this has been seen aproved and implemented....

Latest version release note...
Quote:
When editing metadata directly in the book list, have a little pop up menu so that all existing values can be accessed by mouse only. For example, when you edit authors, you can use the mouse to select an existing author.
Many thanks to those responsible
Old 07-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote