Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-07-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Arrow iLiad review on Trusted Reviews

Trusted Reviews has reviewed the iLiad.

Grade: 7/10

Veredict:

"The iLiad is a superb idea and the screen is wonderful and I could see myself using it as a document reader. However, despite the well put together documentation, you need to be tech savvy to get the most out of the device and overall, it's expensive."

Sadly, no mention of MR....

Read it here
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
What software version is he using? Look at the image on page 2. It only has 3 icons in the lower right hand corner... That reminds me of the very early software releases, yet he said it had mobipocket support.

Odd indeed.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
It could not be that early if he is using mobipocket, and the images on page three look like mobipocket.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
That's why I'm so perplexed.

On the subject of the review: After having the iLiad for so long, I take all of it's features and functions for granted. Sometimes it takes reading a review like this to remind me how amazing this device really is.

I, for one, applaud iRex for having the most advanced e-ink device even a year after it's release.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Is it possible she received the device with older firmware and took some initial photos before upgrading? I'm not familiar with the product myself.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert