Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #23731
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sounds like a spin class, stationary bike workout on steroids.

I wanna go to the gym. I wanna work out. Stupid uncontrolled asthma.

Lucas dozing on my shoulder.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #23732
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Sounds like a spin class, stationary bike workout on steroids.
Hmm... I guess maybe but I was thinking it was (R)odent (P)owered (M)assage
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #23733
SandyHarper
Banned
SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'SandyHarper understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: kindle
it's cold and I have hot milk in my cup that I drink before sleeping.
SandyHarper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #23734
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Cappuccino to try to wake up a bit. The sudden weather change from hideously hot and humid to cool and pleasant has made me sleepy. Will take the puppy for a walk around the property, can't wait till she has her last vaccination and we can take her to the beach.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:19 AM   #23735
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nothing in my cup, Coke Zero #1 now being just a memory.

I've had fun over the past couple of days:

* Wednesday evening: English Country Dancing to a live band.
* Thursday morning: Interview with BT for job in Ipswich
* Thursday evening: Scottish Country Dance demo for Reepham WI

I find out if I was successful at interview in a couple of weeks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #23736
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Second of my two morning coffees in my cup. I have two coffees a day (in the morning) and then switch to tea and water. I found that continuing to drink coffee throughout the day gave me a splitting headache.

Fingers crossed for pdurrant Hope you get that job (if you want it!).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #23737
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Fingers crossed for pdurrant Hope you get that job (if you want it!).
Thank you! Yes, I very much want the job - it looks ideal for me. Interesting, varied work with lots of other good people.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #23738
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Thank you! Yes, I very much want the job - it looks ideal for me. Interesting, varied work with lots of other good people.
Best of luck! How do you feel the interview went?

Black coffee in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #23739
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Best of luck! How do you feel the interview went?
Hard to say. I think it went well, but I have no recent interview experience.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #23740
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Good luck on getting the job.

In my cup: cold coffee

(still not weaned my daughter from drinking one liter of coke zero a day...)
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #23741
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Hard to say. I think it went well, but I have no recent interview experience.
I hope you didn't follow Orlok's 'Interview Scene' from the joke thread!

Drinking an after-dinner cup of Assam tea from some strange Japanese importer. Not worth the money...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #23742
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Black coffee (hazelnut). I've been in a whirlwind of activity here trying to settle Mom's affairs and figure out my own life. I've got a contract on a cozy little brick house about 20 miles west of here, near my middle sister. If all goes well, I'll close somewhere around March 15 and move (along with the elderly dog and noisy bird I inherited from Mom.) Ah well, they're lots of company anyway.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #23743
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Betty - Good Luck. I always felt both exhausted and excited whenever I did a move. The absolute best was when I hired a moving company for the last move and let them do all the loading and unloading for a long distance move.

pdurrant - my that you get this job. Is the commute very long?

Coffee in my cup and a biscotti on my plate.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #23744
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Good luck, Betty! We're in the process of helping my folks (approaching 90) move out of the big house we all grew up in and into a smaller, single floor (no stairs!) condo. I drive them to the condo closing next Friday.

And good luck to you, too, pdurrant! Is BT British Telecom? I have many good memories of working in the old Bell System, and the post-breakup AT&T.

A tip of the mug to you both. I'm working on my second round of tea.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #23745
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Just finished Coke Zero #3.

The commute would be about 90 minutes door-to-door, either by car or by foot(30min)+train(40min)+bus(20min).

Yes, BT as in British Telecom, but not a part particularly interested in telephones.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I hope I get it, but it would be really good luck to get the first job I interview for.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?