Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #346
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah i haven;t fixed that bug
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #347
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
(somewhat cross-posted with the Format Conversion forum, but for good reason i think) Is this the tool I should use to convert a webpage with .html in it to .lrf? There was a fanfic that i wanted to read on my 505, and I just right clicked on a link to the page and saved as .html and then used calibre to convert to lrf. Unfortunately, the resulting file had improper margins (really large, not the way I've set calibre to convert) and even worse, it has page turns of 2-3 seconds as opposed to more like 0.5. I usually have to hit page turn an entire paragraph before I'm done to get the timing right, and it usually isn't quite right, which is frustrating..

But this tool seems to be for news sites. Will it work for just one big long .html webpage and if so, do I use calibre or some kind of cmd interface? Any tips would be appreciated. Or is the html file itself somehow problematic, such that I can't fix the long page turns without just copy and pasting it to .rtf or something?
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:19 PM   #348
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

use the bookit firefox extension to convert webpages (it calls web2lrf) web2lrf in turn calls html2lrf
Old 07-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #349
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Thank you, Kovid. Itching to test it out now, too bad I'll be at work for the next 12 hours or so today.. (projects, projects..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
use the bookit firefox extension to convert webpages (it calls web2lrf) web2lrf in turn calls html2lrf
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #350
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I use Calibre GUI for Windows regularly to download feeds. It is wonderful software. Yesterday I decided to set up some batch files using the command line interface so that I could schedule downloads to be ready every morning.

The line in the batchfile looks like this:
"C:\Program Files\calibre\web2lrf" nytimes --username user --password pass

but when I opened the .lrf up in my 505, the file had the correct table of contents, but none of the navigation links at the top and bottom of each article. Is there some flag I need to set to have the navigation links added to the file? I couldn't find a mention of it in the web2lrf docs.

Thanks again Kovid, this software has added a lot of value to my Reader.
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:44 AM   #351
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The command is feeds2lrf not web2lrf
Old 08-08-2008, 04:39 AM   #352
banjopicker
banjopicker began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The command is feeds2lrf not web2lrf
That would be the problem then...

Thanks
banjopicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 04:04 AM   #353
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
first of all, coming from a PDA WM6 world, I'm must admit I'm a complete newbie on this e-boook reader field, I have found myself almost completely lost after purchasing my prs505 today.

After updating to the latest firmware, I downloaded geekravers Web2Book, BBC news site was all I was able to get working. So I proceeded to Calibre.

I was very impressed with the commercial looking layout and everything looked straight forward. However, even with the present recipes, for example Wired, I get failed downloads as pasted below:

Code:
DEBUG: Skipping article Alt Text: Grading Batman's Gear (Wed, 16 Jul, 2008 00:00) from feed Commentary as it is too old.

DEBUG: Skipping article Games Without Frontiers: Go Ahead, Punk, Make Your Game (Sun, 13 Jul, 2008 21:00) from feed Commentary as it is too old.

ERROR: Failed to download article: Russia's 'Full Scale Invasion' of Georgia from http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wired/index/~3/360690702/georgia-latest.html

DEBUG: 

DEBUG: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\utils\threadpool.pyo", line 96, in run
  File "calibre\web\feeds\news.pyo", line 572, in fetch_embedded_article
  File "calibre\utils\genshi\core.pyo", line 179, in render
  File "calibre\utils\genshi\output.pyo", line 60, in encode
  File "calibre\utils\genshi\output.pyo", line 425, in __call__
  File "calibre\utils\genshi\output.pyo", line 653, in __call__
IndexError: pop from empty list

DEBUG: 

ERROR: Failed to download article: DIY Filmmaker Wins Big With Midnight Kiss from http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wired/index/~3/360695518/diy-filmmaker-w.html

DEBUG: 

DEBUG: 

ERROR: Failed to download article: UAVs Search for Scientific Silver Lining in Beijing Pollution Clouds from http://feeds.wired.com/~r/wired/index/~3/360541969/uavs-search-for.html

DEBUG: 

Any Idea what could be causing this? Additionally, Slashdot RSS feeds turn out to be 99% comments using http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot as feed. any help would be appreciated.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #354
stilliremain
stilliremain began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 eBoo
So what does the New York Times actually look like on the reader? How's it presented?
stilliremain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libprs500, web2lrf