Notices

Old 09-05-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
bunbury
Enthusiast
bunbury doesn't litterbunbury doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Get book filename and path from Calibre server

Hi

I'm using calibredb in command line to request the Calibre Server in order to export the data in json.
The problem is that the actual filename is note included.
How can I get it ?

I could use ebook-meta on each file in the calibre db but that would mean storing the metadata in each file. That would be a shame considering I have a perfectly working Calibre Server.

So ? Is there a way to get a path from calibre server / calibredb ?
Thanks
bunbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Filenames are meaningless in a server, it serves data not file paths. What is it you actually want to do?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2020, 12:50 PM   #3
bunbury
Enthusiast

script-copy the epub file depending on the metadata
I can use calibredb and point it to a db file
I have found a workaround by asking calibredb to include the uuid in the json and then using ebook-meta on the epub files and comparing the uuid.
This is sub-optimal
What I want to do is to be able to request a book to the server. If I can do that by providing a UUID and then having the file in return, fine. I don't care about the file name actually, I car about the file.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:19 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibredb export allows you to download files from the server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:16 AM   #5
bunbury
Enthusiast

Thank you for your answer.
This is too slow and cumbersome.
Finally I use the files and ebook-meta.
It should not be more practical than the server. But it is
Advert