Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #31
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
I got an email today for $5 off of 3 of my PRH wishlist titles.

However, I also decided to try sufue's link from the second post (and that ngrant re-posted above) and that also worked. I got the spend $25, get $6 from Sept. 3 to 10. So it's worth trying the link even if you've gotten another type of offer.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:40 PM   #32
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I still haven't gotten an email or seen a banner, but when I clicked on my own link , I have the $6 on $25 too. Cool, and thanks to @issybird for noticing that Amazon is running it again!

I'll keep an eye out for a PRH offer in my email too. I don't think the two offers are linked, but who knows - they do seem to pop up at roughly the same time. But the last time, the very small (5 or 6 IMS) selection of books by a random author I had only ever bought one title from, and didn't like all that much, was so poor that the PRH offer was worthless to me. So I'm not holding my breath!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #33
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Mine's buy $15 worth of ebooks, get a $4 credit afterward. I'll probably pass this time.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:54 PM   #34
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
I am a bit confused by the Amazon email I received yesterday:

Quote:
Enjoy this $6 credit we applied to your account to use on a select title on your Wish List.

Your credit will expire 7 days from when it was applied to your account.

See the $6 credit automatically applied when you visit the Kindle book detail page.
The “Shop Now” button takes me to one specific $15 ebook (Timothy Zahn’s newest Thrawn book, Ascendancy), but the offer both seems to apply that there’s a set of qualifying books and refuses to give any way to discover this list.

Can anyone perhaps shed some light on how I might be able to find other qualifying books?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:14 PM   #35
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Oh, and the link to the page I got by clicking on the banner ad is: https://www.amazon.com/b?node=17495918011

I don't know if this can be used to check to see if someone is eligible or if it's keyed to me, and will just blow up? Maybe someone can let us know...
Takes me to Amazon thats it No Banner No Nothing about a sale.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #36
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post

The “Shop Now” button takes me to one specific $15 ebook (Timothy Zahn’s newest Thrawn book, Ascendancy), but the offer both seems to apply that there’s a set of qualifying books and refuses to give any way to discover this list.

Can anyone perhaps shed some light on how I might be able to find other qualifying books?
I got that this morning.... No clue
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #37
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lately, the emails from Amazon for Penguin-Random House "Here's $x for select titles ..." (either for select titles on your Wish List or select titles by a particular author) offer a "Shop Now" link to 1 or more selected titles. If it only shows one title, that's the only title that offer applies to.

I have 2 of these offers currently. One applies to 2 titles - one by Neal Stephenson and one by Julie Czerneda. The other offer applies to 2 titles, both by William Gibson.

I miss the old days when the offer could apply to almost any PRH title over $9.99.

The "spend $XX get $YY credit" offers are more generic and apply to more that one publisher.

Last edited by bookmarked; 09-17-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:25 PM   #38
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yeah, I had two of those "here's $ for select titles" and found neither one worthwhile. One covered a few books, but I'd lost interest in that author. One covered only one (or was it two) books, but I hadn't liked the first.

So you aren't alone.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #39
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post

I received that email. I checked my wish list books that qualify. It seems each book price was raised by the same amount. Good marketing.
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 03:50 PM   #40
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Thanks for the heads-up! For me the only title was The Dead Hand: The Untold Story of the Cold War Arms Race and its Dangerous Legacy, but the credit knocked it down to $4.99 and that was a price I was willing to pay for it.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:03 PM   #41
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Glad to see it was useful to SOMEBODY!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #42
bookmarked
Addict

So I just got another email today for $5 off of titles on my wishlist.

The interesting thing is that, so far as I remember, this is the first time I've gotten an offer like this on books from anyone other than Penguin-Random House. This offer is on two books from Simon & Schuster.

The funny thing is that one of the books is currently on sale for $4.49, so I ended up getting it for free (well, they charged sales tax). That was a no-brainer.

Anyway, apparently Amazon is expanding the experiment to other publishers.

Last edited by bookmarked; 10-04-2020 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:03 PM   #43
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Mine are both for anti-Trump books published by Simon & Schuster.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:33 PM   #44
bookmarked
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Mine are both for anti-Trump books published by Simon & Schuster.
Not mine. One was about Medicare and the other one was about American history. Nothing about current politics.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:35 PM   #45
WestCactus
Zealot
WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WestCactus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Oasis 1 & 3, Fire 8
Mine are over priced history books even with the coupon!
WestCactus is offline   Reply With Quote