Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-11-2020, 05:10 PM   #31
keeveek
keeveek began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite III
Just so you know, the plugin started to work. Just like that. I haven't been changing or updating anything.

Most peculiar...
keeveek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #32
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Most importantly, it works!
I will soon prepare a new version because I have some ideas to improve existing solutions.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2020, 01:33 PM   #33
noiro
noiro began at the beginning.

Device: none
Witaj
Mam problem z zainstalowaniem wtyczki. Padł mi dysk i musiałem przeinstalować system. Przy próbie instalacji mam taki oto błąd:

calibre, version 4.99.4
BŁĄD: Instalacja wtyczki nie powiodła się: Wystąpił problem podczas instalacji wtyczki. Wtyczka zostanie odinstalowana. Proszę umieścić poniższe informacje o błędzie w odpowiednim, dotyczącym tej wtyczki wątku na forum i uruchom ponownie calibre.

PHP Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/dialogs/plugin_updater.py"line 725in _install_clicked
    plugin 
add_plugin(zip_path)

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py"line 472in add_plugin
    plugin 
load_plugin(path_to_zip_file)

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py"line 61in load_plugin

return loader.load(path_to_zip_file)

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py"line 200in load
    reload
(m)

File "/usr/lib/calibre/polyglot/builtins.py"line 123in reload

return importlib.reload(module)

File "/usr/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py"line 169in reload
    _bootstrap
._exec(specmodule)

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>"line 628in _exec
  File 
"/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py"line 184in load_module
    exec
(compiledmod.__dict__)

File "calibre_plugins.lubimyczytac.__init__"line 12in <module>
ImportErrorcannot import name 'quote' from 'urllib' (/usr/lib/python3.7/urllib/__init__.py
noiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:45 PM   #34
lighta
lighta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Extension stopped working

Downloading metadata from lubimyczytac stopped working.
For every book calibre shows there is 0 results. I've checked - there is information about them in lubimyczytac and some time ago I fetch this data.
I tried for 150 ebooks - 0 results.

Calibre version: 4.13 (but I downloaded 2 other portable versions for example 4.10 and problem is the same)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-04-01 23_40_04-BŁĄD_ Brak pasujących wyników.png
Views:	324
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	178061   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-04-01 23_40_46-BŁĄD_ Brak pasujących wyników.png
Views:	314
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	178062  
lighta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:17 AM   #35
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I confirm the problem. I'll look at this.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited by BeckyEbook; 04-02-2020 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Fixed (confirmation)
Advert
Old 04-02-2020, 09:45 AM   #36
lighta
lighta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Great job

Hooray! It works again Thank you for quick fix - good job

I have also one small question - does this project have maybe public git respository?
lighta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #37
BeckyEbook
Guru

No, but maybe I will prepare a repository in the future.

If you have any idea of development/optimization – just contact me via PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #38
BeckyEbook
Guru

I have published new versions of the plugins LubimyCzytać (2.0.45) and METAmover (0.0.32).
Hope I have fixed all reported issues.
Old 09-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-26-2020 at 08:48 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:46 PM   #40
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...63&postcount=1

Spoiler:
Quote:
Version 2.0.40 - 9 Jan 2020
(Submitted by Becky)
Changed: More changes for Python 3 support in calibre.
Minor fixes

Version 2.0.39 - 7 Jan 2020
(Submitted by Becky)
Changed: Changes for Python 3 support in calibre.

Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³Ψ³

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:50 AM   #41
eol
eol began at the beginning.

Since one of the latest updates (of calibre or lubimyczytac plugin, I'm not certain with which update exactly the problem started) the lubimyczytac plugin breaks the bulk metadata download (and, less so, the regular metadata download functionality) if the book is not found on the lubimyczytac database.

What is happening:

1) among the books that are chosen for bulk metadata download there is at leas one that doesn't exist on Lubimyczytac site (or, for example, a comma is missing from the title)

2) the download process (calibre-parallel.exe) just hangs & doesn't time out in a timely manner; it keeps waiting for web IO operation to finish (in the system resource monitor it is trying to connect to {some address}.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com)

3) this lasts for entire minutes

4) when it's happening during bulk metadata download, this will eventually (after literal waiting for ages) cause the background process to disconnect from the main process, with the error:

Starting job: Pobieranie metadanych dla jednej książki
Job: "Pobieranie metadanych dla jednej książki" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre\gui2\metadata\bulk_download.py", line 249, in download
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 251, in fork_job
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 176, in run_job
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 108, in communicate
calibre.utils.ipc.simple_worker.WorkerError: Worker appears to have hung

Called with args: ([35070], 'C:\\Users\\F.ka\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_v2 k0fsko\\s2pdqxhh_metadata_bulk.log', <calibre.db.legacy.LibraryDatabase object at 0x00000214EE1076A0>, True, False, None) {'notifications': <queue.Queue object at 0x000002148AE60E20>, 'abort': <threading.Event object at 0x000002148B13EE20>, 'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000002148B13E490>}

5) there is no way to determine which book caused this among the set other that trying to download metadata one-by-one and just canceling if it takes too long

6) no other metadata download plugin behaves in this manner if the book doesn't exist
eol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #42
eol
eol began at the beginning.

Since one of the latest updates (of calibre or lubimyczytac plugin, I'm not certain with which update exactly the problem started) the lubimyczytac plugin breaks the bulk metadata download (and, less so, the regular metadata download functionality) if the book is not found on the lubimyczytac database.

What is happening:

1) among the books that are chosen for bulk metadata download there is at leas one that doesn't exist on Lubimyczytac site (or, for example, a comma is missing from the title)

2) the download process (calibre-parallel.exe) just hangs & doesn't time out in a timely manner; it keeps waiting for web IO operation to finish (in the system resource monitor it is trying to connect to [some address].eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com)

3) this lasts for entire minutes

4) when it's happening during bulk metadata download, this will eventually (after literal waiting for ages) cause the background process to disconnect from the main process, with the error:

Starting job: Pobieranie metadanych dla jednej książki
Job: "Pobieranie metadanych dla jednej książki" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "calibre\gui2\metadata\bulk_download.py", line 249, in download
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 251, in fork_job
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 176, in run_job
File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 108, in communicate
calibre.utils.ipc.simple_worker.WorkerError: Worker appears to have hung

5) there is no way to determine which book caused this among the set other that trying to download metadata one-by-one and just canceling if it takes too long

6) no other metadata download plugin behaves in this manner if the book doesn't exist
eol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:13 PM   #43
BeckyEbook
Guru

Thanks for reporting.
In short: if the book is not in LC, the plugin is not working properly.
I will try to track down and fix this problem and hope to be able to do so.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:03 AM   #44
BeckyEbook
Guru

I have prepared a new version (2.0.46) which should fix the bug you reported.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:02 AM   #45
brserek
brserek began at the beginning.

Device: oyo
Problem with brackets in title

Hi,
I'm using this plugin very often, almost every day, trying to organize my books.
Today plugin couldn't find this book: "Wybrałem Pol(s)kę. Imigranci w czasach PRL", I think it's only because of brackets, because "Wybrałem Polskę" works fine.
I'm not sure if it is a bug, but maybe you can fix it.
brserek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
improved, lubimyczytac, plugin