Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 08:34 PM   #571
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
I have reported a bug to the developers in v3.5.1 where when a new chapter is opened in an ePub, the touch screen input of a page change to the next page will not respond to the input for 5-6? seconds. It’s almost as if the rendering engine for caching the next pages is slow. This happens with all my ePubs.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:34 AM   #572
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
I have reported a bug to the developers in v3.5.1 where when a new chapter is opened in an ePub, the touch screen input of a page change to the next page will not respond to the input for 5-6? seconds. It’s almost as if the rendering engine for caching the next pages is slow. This happens with all my ePubs.
@slantybard
FYI, I have never experienced what you reported above. On the contrary, I've noticed that EPUB page turning has really got much faster since MapleRead v3.5, especially by tapping (vs. swiping) on the page margin area. On many of my EPUB books such as novels, the page turning speed is almost as fast as I can tap.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #573
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Just want to say your FAQ's are really great! I've just started using Mapleread SE more and they have answered everything I've looked for. The only irritating thing it's missing (I think Ive mentioned that in another text) is clock time from the Ipad header. I know I just have to tap on the screen to get it up, but I'm a very fast reader and that breaks my concentration instead of just a quick glance to the top. Is there something I'm missing to show it or is there a way to show it in the Mapleread header or footer?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #574
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Copy Book from MapleRead SE to Calibre?

I'm traveling and I installed an ePub into MRSE on my iPad Mini 5, but when I get back, I'd like to also put it in Calibre on my iMac. Is there a way to do this directly?
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #575
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Highlighting text Mapleread SE

Is there a setting to allow me to highlight text, either epub or pdf? I long press, but nothing happens. It's probably something so simple I can't see it.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:25 AM   #576
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Is there a setting to allow me to highlight text, either epub or pdf? I long press, but nothing happens. It's probably something so simple I can't see it.
I can just tap and hold until the word highlights, then I can either either select an action from the pop-up menu or first drag a handle to select more text. Oh, this is in ePubs.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:47 AM   #577
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
I can just tap and hold until the word highlights, then I can either either select an action from the pop-up menu or first drag a handle to select more text. Oh, this is in ePubs.
Tapping and holding is not working for me in either epub or pdf. When I tap and hold nothing happens, that's why I thought there might be a setting that needed turned on.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:56 AM   #578
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired

It has always worked "out of the box" for me; I don't remember a setting. Have you tried re-installing?
Old 10-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #579
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
It has always worked "out of the box" for me; I don't remember a setting. Have you tried re-installing?
I haven't reinstalled because I have a lot of books on it all categorized and don't want to lose them. If I have to, I will, but was hoping for another solution.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #580
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I haven't reinstalled because I have a lot of books on it all categorized and don't want to lose them. If I have to, I will, but was hoping for another solution.
There are at least 2 ways to "reinstall" the app without losing the app data, including your library organization data.

1. Offload App, and re-download the app.
2. Do Backup from within the app, then remove the app and its data, re-download the app, and do Import from within the app.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #581
cedhax
Addict

Quote:
Open the "brightness" menu, and tap Gestures. Set the option Long Press on Text & Image to D or ON. This is applicable to both EPUB and PDF.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:45 PM   #582
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedhax View Post
Open the "brightness" menu, and tap Gestures. Set the option Long Press on Text & Image to D or ON. This is applicable to both EPUB and PDF.
Thanks so much!! Yes, simple if you know what you're doing (obviously I do not, but I keep learning)!
Old 10-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #583
Acousticvillage
Enthusiast
Acousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad, Marvin 3, Mapleread
Mapleread and exporting Notes

Is there any way we can export our notes to a file like pdf or html?
With Marvin 3 we can select all our annotations and notes and export them to pdf. That pdf van then be inserted into study notebooks in Onenote, for example.
I know we can see our notes on the server and select them and then paste them into a document.
But it would be perfect if there were a choice of export options for notes and annotations in Mapleread.
Acousticvillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 07:21 PM   #584
Acousticvillage
Enthusiast
Acousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipseAcousticvillage can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPad, Marvin 3, Mapleread
Mapleread and taking tips from Marvin

Mapleread is fantastic and the good news is that it is still being supported. Because of that, I hope it steals a couple of Marvin 3 utilities such as
Exporting Notes to text or pdf
Tagging location with reading
Sending selections to one note.

Loving the app. But think it should move away from maplepop. Not necessary.
Acousticvillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:09 PM   #585
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
Possible Bug with paging, font changes, more

I've been experiencing a problem with MapleRead that is new although I can't be sure when it started, probably within the last month. I've been using MapleRead as my sole book reader for years. This happens on many of the books I own but not all. I always read in portrait mode.

I'm using an iPad Pro 10.5" with IOS 14..0.1 model NPHG2LL/A. MapleRead SE 3.5.2.

There are several issues, possibly all related. The first and easiest to demonstrate is when adjusting the font size by pinching. If I pinch/spread, the font on the small box in the middle changes correctly. When I let go and accept the new font, the size change much more that I asked for. If I increase the size slightly, it increases a lot. Same for reductions, a small change smaller results in a large change smaller. Changing the size using the on screen buttons A/A works correctly.

The second problem is the the reader does not always show me the last few lines of a chapter. The chapter will seem to end abruptly, paging ahead goes to the beginning of the new chapter. If I adjust the font size and go back a page, I can usually see the content of the previous chapter correctly.

The third problem is that sometimes the display of the columns will go completely out of whack. It will look like I'm in partial landscape mode. That is, the first columns displayed are from the previous page, then a gap, then some of the content of the current page. To resolve this temporarily, I usually kill the application and restart.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this? Can it be fixed?

Last edited by tbergman; 11-04-2020 at 02:13 PM.
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mapleread