Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-21-2020, 12:21 AM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
@jswolf The website is not up yet and you have already started with your curmudgeony now I am regreting telling you about it.
? He was talking about FantasticFiction, not the new FictFact??? Unless his post has been subsequently edited?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #17
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
? He was talking about FantasticFiction, not the new FictFact??? Unless his post has been subsequently edited?

Hitch
he posted on goodreads at the link I posted
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 12:51 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
he posted on goodreads at the link I posted
Ah, well. That's a bridge too far! I mean, stuff posted here, I can see. ;-) I'm too lazy to link-chase! (At least now the discussion makes more sense...mostly...)

ETA: (am I the only one who hears that URL/sitename, "FictFact" and immediately hears "I was takin' a bath, all up on a Saturday night!" in her head?)

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 07-21-2020 at 01:44 PM. Reason: ETA aside about the site name
Old 07-21-2020, 08:43 PM   #19
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Ah, well. That's a bridge too far! I mean, stuff posted here, I can see. ;-) I'm too lazy to link-chase! (At least now the discussion makes more sense...mostly...)

ETA: (am I the only one who hears that URL/sitename, "FictFact" and immediately hears "I was takin' a bath, all up on a Saturday night!" in her head?)

Hitch
You think that's bad, around here we have Bash Bish Falls State Park. Every time I hear the name, I start hearing that song, but then I realize that it's backwards and I want to fix it. I refuse to go there because it bothers me *that* much.

Yes...I am almost as bad as the curmudgeon himself, sometimes, about some things.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:35 AM   #20
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:

Hitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
You think that's bad, around here we have Bash Bish Falls State Park. Every time I hear the name, I start hearing that song, but then I realize that it's backwards and I want to fix it. I refuse to go there because it bothers me *that* much.

Yes...I am almost as bad as the curmudgeon himself, sometimes, about some things.

Shari
I hadn't thought of that song, but now I will probably think of it every time someone on Mobileread mentions FictFact!

And yeah, commenting here on posts someone made elsewhere is just confusing.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:13 AM   #21
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I hadn't thought of that song, but now I will probably think of it every time someone on Mobileread mentions FictFact!
Well, I hadn't meant to be evil, but, there you go. It's my nature.

Quote:
And yeah, commenting here on posts someone made elsewhere is just confusing.
Not to mention, how would you know?

Hitch
Old 07-22-2020, 02:20 PM   #22
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

Hitch
Jon used the same name there as he does here. Though in fairness to Jon his comment there was just a question of if they'll respond to user reports of errors. Granted his phrasing was a bit brash, but it was hardly a condemnation of the site being created.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Jon used the same name there as he does here. Though in fairness to Jon his comment there was just a question of if they'll respond to user reports of errors. Granted his phrasing was a bit brash, but it was hardly a condemnation of the site being created.
Errors were Fict Fact's biggest flaw. Reporting errors was not easy and then more then 1/2 the time they didn't listen. For example, they thought that James Patterson's Bookshots was a series. No matter how much I tried to explian, they refused to listen. So basically, that spoiled them for the series some really belonged in.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-22-2020 at 02:39 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:07 PM   #24
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For example, they thought that James Patterson's Bookshots was a series. No matter how much I tried to explian, they refused to listen.
I think James Pattersons Bookshots is a series. A publisher's series is still a series. I could easily someone wanting to read (or at least collect) them all.

Quote:
So basically, that spoiled them for the series some really belonged in.
I never used Fict Fact. Could a book only belong to a single series? There are books that belong to multiple series.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #25
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:

Hitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post

The confusion was because until Dopedangel came back and stated that he/she was referring to Jon's post on Goodreads, it appeared Dopedangel had been commenting on Jon's posts here.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:37 PM   #26
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
The confusion was because until Dopedangel came back and stated that he/she was referring to Jon's post on Goodreads, it appeared Dopedangel had been commenting on Jon's posts here.
Yeah my defense of Jon’s comment on goodreads was more aimed at Dopedangel than you or Hitch.

Jon and I have a history of disagreeing fairly strongly on things. But I don’t want to see his remarks misrepresented. Nothing in the GR comment was aimed at the site they are creating other than a question of if they’d take user feedback on errors. He did slam FictFact but as they’re defunct now it’s of little consequence, also if there’s any merit to his claim it’s a good question to have an answer to.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:48 AM   #27
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
The beta version of the fictfact replacement site is up for testers I have not got access to it yet though. Just a heads up for people that would be interested.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:06 AM   #28
dawsonthrilled
dawsonthrilled began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
how about Goodreads?
Nope, unfortunately GoodReads doesn't have that kind of feature.
dawsonthrilled is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series tracker