Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #31
romevi
Enthusiast
romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Likebook Mars
Jumping on to chime that now mine is dead. It was working fine until last week. I open to read my books only to find that the screen is dead. It is a frozen mix of my screensaver and my book. The light comes on and I can connect the device to my computer, but that's all. I tried doing the steps outlined above, but when I go to "Download" the config the program now says there is no device connected. As I can't see what's on the screen of the device, I have no idea if I'm recovery mode. Is there a way to reset the device from the command line?
Thanks in advance!
romevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:23 AM   #32
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
read all the posts in " MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue
> Likebook Mars stocking in Android Recovery Mode"
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=323665&page=2
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:29 PM   #33
rgm
Enthusiast
rgm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldy View Post
If your Likebook Mars is bricked up, it is advisable to first connect it to the charger for one to two hours.
If you cannot load into the Recovery Mode, you must force the Likebook Mars to turn off - press and hold the Power Button for about 10 seconds.
Then again try to enter the Recovery Mode.

I would be glad if someone corrects my English.
I tried to write a tutorial with google translator:
https://mega.nz/#!yug3wKSS!WMb2ZAzcj...Tdw8ZU2l4F7hSM
I did that on Windows, used that:
https://mega.nz/#!qmBxnKyC!WM3vT0C9s...urzgzwEaWoGuZ4
Dump files v2.2.0:
https://mega.nz/#!v24TgaTS!wfsf9f0r8...omSX0OA4Mr27Gc
Thanks Waldy!
It seems great description
rgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:39 PM   #34
AuroraA
AuroraA began at the beginning.

Device: LikeBook Mars
I joined just to post here! I am having this same issue described: My Likebook Mars is stuck on the "Starting Up" loading forever. It's about 1.5 years old, and it's been doing this for several days now.

I was ready to follow Waldy's handy instructions, but unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to go into Android Recovery. At first, I managed to get it to go there by fiddling endlessly with the reset and power buttons, but once I was there, it froze and I wasn't able to select "reboot to drive."
And now it just freezes whenever I try. The little bars stop loading, and that's that. If I restart it using the power button, the reboot loop starts again and goes forever. So I'm stuck between an infinite reboot and a frozen one.
What can I do?
AuroraA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:23 PM   #35
maximeasap
maximeasap began at the beginning.

Device: LIKEBOOK MARS
I have the exact same problem as AuroraA.
Stuck between an infinite reboot and a frozen one and can't acces to recovery mode

Any ideas ?
maximeasap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:59 PM   #36
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximeasap View Post
I have the exact same problem as AuroraA.
Stuck between an infinite reboot and a frozen one and can't acces to recovery mode
Try an Android update to 8.1
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #37
maximeasap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Try an Android update to 8.1
How can I update the Android version without having the access to the Recovery mode ?
Old 05-08-2021, 03:39 PM   #38
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How can I update the Android version without having the access to the Recovery mode ?
Read the pdf.
Old 05-09-2021, 04:12 PM   #39
maximeasap

Quote:
Read the pdf.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:53 AM   #40
ottischwenk
Wizard

Its the wrong pdf.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #41
maximeasap

Quote:
Its the wrong pdf.
Ok, can you please give me the link to the correct pdf?
Old 05-11-2021, 02:54 AM   #42
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Ok, can you please give me the link to the correct pdf?
Search in Google: likebook mars 8.1 update
Old 05-11-2021, 05:26 AM   #43
maximeasap

Quote:
Search in Google: likebook mars 8.1 update

Do you really want to help me?

You can imagine that if I make a post on this forum it's because I haven't found a solution despite many hours spent searching on google.
You say I'm looking at the wrong pdf document so why not give me the right one directly?

This thread is the one that comes up the most when you have a problem like mine, it would help everyone to have the answer right here.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:50 AM   #44
omneity
omneity began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro, Onyx Boox Poke Pro, Likebook Mars, Likebook Ares
Here you go. Follow it without skipping any steps and ensuring your device is sufficiently charged and you'll have no problems. Bear in mind this is just the initial update to Android 8. Subsequent updates released by Boyue will download automatically via the inbuilt update algorithm.

It's not a particularly difficult procedure as long as you follow the instructions, but it will require a bit of patience to complete fully. Do not try to rush the process.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mars-Android 8.1 Upgrade Instruction-20201026-ENG.pdf (359.0 KB, 433 views)
omneity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:43 AM   #45
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Do you really want to help me?
Oh - I gave tips on how to solve it.
I help those who strive.
Quote:
You can imagine that if I make a post on this forum it's because I haven't found a solution despite many hours spent searching on google.
You say I'm looking at the wrong pdf document so why not give me the right one directly?
Normally I charge support for those who want a ready-made solution.
And I consider your comment outrageous.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-11-2021 at 06:48 AM.