u'display': {},
 u'editable': True,
 u'is_multiple': False,
 u'label': u'ddlib',
 u'multiple_seps': {},
 u'name': u'DD_Library',
 u'normalized': True,
 u'num': 1}
I tried to set it with something like "calibredb set_metadata ... -f #ddlib:FR -f #ddlib_index:717 ...", but this does NOT seem to work.
I see no error, but _ddlib_index is always set to "1.0"

What is the right way to do that?
"calibredb set_metadata -h" does not give any info.

Similar problem for the "regular" series field: index is always "1.0".
Difference is in xml "catalog" dump:
Code:
  <record>
    <_ddlib>BB</_ddlib>
    <_ddlib_index>1.0</_ddlib_index>
    <series index="1.0">Books Of Blood</series>
    <library_name>cLib</library_name>
  </record>
Is this expected?
What I'm supposed to do, instead?

TiA
ZioNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
don't use multiple -f options, just separate them by commas, e.g. "-f #ddlib:FR,#ddlib_index:717"
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
ZioNemo
Enthusiast
ZioNemo began at the beginning.

Device: HTC-p3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
don't use multiple -f options, just separate them by commas, e.g. "-f #ddlib:FR,#ddlib_index:717"
Is that just for series/series_index or should I do it for ALL fields I wish to change?
ZioNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind, I misread the man page, that's just if you're setting identifiers/tags.

I have experimented, and I can get it to set the series and index like this:

Code:
calibredb set_metadata -f "series:randomness [22]" 698
but if I use the same code with #subseries instead:

Code:
calibredb set_metadata -f "#subseries:randomness [22]" 698
It doesn't affect the index at all. I think this may be a bug.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...3207a97fea9687
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2014, 11:36 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

I'm running from source and I pulled this change. It is now setting custom #blah_index fields correctly, this works:
Code:
calibredb set_metadata -f "#subseries:randomness" -f "#subseries_index:22" 698

However, using
Code:
calibredb set_metadata -f "series:randomness [22]" 698
also works -- but only for the main series field. For custom series fields, using
Code:
calibredb set_metadata -f "#subseries:randomness [22]" 698
does not register the _index

As it does work for the main column, I think this should be fixed for custom columns too.

@ZioNemo, this will be fixed in the update that was just just released right now.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-06-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Getting that notation to work with custom series fields is rather more effort than it is worth to me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Getting that notation to work with custom series fields is rather more effort than it is worth to me.
Okay then. It's probably not what people are looking to use anyway.... Just wanted to make sure you knew it was doing that.

As always, thanks for the excellent support you provide us all!

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-07-2014 at 12:02 AM.