Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Use column values to determine author link template?

This would probably be considered a low-priority feature, but it appears that the default behavior for clicking an author's name in the book details is to send you to wikipedia. I've never once found that feature useful, so I took into consideration the fact that half my books were downloaded from the same publisher and set the link to send me to the author's profiles for that publisher. Which, of course, is only useful half the time.

What I propose is enabling some means for people to make an if/then argument similar to what we do with column coloring. So that we can say, "If X column has Y value, then use author link template Z."
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can set links for individual authors, simply right click the author name in the Tag Browser and select edit link.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Also note that you can set a default author link template in preferences/look & feel/book details.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have my link to go to Fantastic fiction because this is what I use to decide between conflicting series names. Very short bios, but almost always has the full book list and new works etc. in a clickable list.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote