Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #16
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
An extensive review of the Bebook version here, in French, but there is a video of the text-to-speech option if you want to know what it sounds like.

http://www.ebouquin.fr/2009/10/07/te...-mais-austere/

Last edited by Faenad; 10-07-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Speaking of first impressions, has anyone viewed the 300 ebooks on the sd card on their computer? Under the Free 200 titles (PDB) folder there is a download.pl script, which has a username/password for sftp on pokerxfactor.com. Interesting......
Guess I missed that. After looking are a few of the books and the rather poor or no formatting (for the txt files) I copied them to backup, cleared the card and began putting other stuff on it.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
An extensive review of the Bebook version here, in French, but there is a video of the text-to-speech option if you want to know what it sounds like.

Harry was looking for a recording of the tts but in English I think.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #19
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Harry was looking for a recording of the tts but in English I think.
The TTS video is in english. I think TTS is only available for english ebook anyway.
Result is pretty decent, the only flaw being the lack of automated page turns.

A lot of very nice pictures in the review too. They are also preparing a review of the astak Pocket Pro.

Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:14 AM   #20
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post

Translated!

Not sure why I like to read reviews. I say it's not to validate my purchase, but what else could it be.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #21
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Translated!

Not sure why I like to read reviews. I say it's not to validate my purchase, but what else could it be.
I just read it out of curiosity being the same as PP. I don't understand the cons about ergonomics. It feels nice and light, we have the option of the scroll wheel on the right, the buttons on the left and the 9-0 buttons on the bottom for page turns. Actual use you have numbered buttons for ease of selecting options. Other readers I notice are using a 5-way button like the Kindle. I assume with those you'd have to scroll through the options to get the one you want.

Ok in design it is not a break through, but it is in terms of ease of use IMHO. The iPod was a design breakthrough but far outdone by other products in terms of ease of use. I think they want to see a funky unit before they see a functional unit.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:33 AM   #22
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Yes I also like reading reviews, I just like hearing some one else's point of view on the device and to validate my purchase
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:11 AM   #23
UchihaNaru
Connoisseur
UchihaNaru is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Speaking of first impressions, has anyone viewed the 300 ebooks on the sd card on their computer? Under the Free 200 titles (PDB) folder there is a download.pl script, which has a username/password for sftp on pokerxfactor.com. Interesting......
lol i deleted all the free titles without a look =X I'm kindda regretting it now (*shrugs*)
UchihaNaru is offline   Reply With Quote