Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 12:52 AM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
At this point just ask to purchase the correct phone at the original price it was offered for. I don't think they are going do much more than that.

Use Bear Mountain's example it's quite good and gets the point across.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:56 AM   #47
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks. When I was trying to make it shorter and your suggestion here showed me that I didn't do it correctly again. I think your suggestion of what and how to say it will really help.

Thanks! Karma coming for you even though I will actually have to go to a browser to do it. See here I go again giving a long explanation where none is needed.

I would like your or anyone else reading this to help me determine what I should ask for as compensation. I went through 4 or 5 reps who each made things worse.

Someone did say to ask for the phone for free, but since it cost $449 dollars that seems like a lot. But I did save them a lot of money by not opening the box when I saw it wasn't the right one. I did this for both phones. My opening it would force them to sell it as used.
Compensation: What did you actually lose? Not being able to spend $500.
They refunded and gave you a $5 credit.
I understand they sent you the wrong phone twice. Now do you still want the phone?
I would say for compensation, the best you might could get is the sale price.

What it sounds like happened to you was many people ordered this phone and the warehouse just grabbed what looked like the correct phone because they were in a hurry. Let's see two day shipping. Many people got the wrong thing and contacted customer service that day. Once again overwhelmed workers.

So now, my best advice is contact them again. Use precisely these words. I ordered give the product number on whatever that date was. My order number is . They sent me a different phone. When I contacted Amazon CS on date, they sent me the wrong phone again. I returned both of them. I would like to get the phone I actually ordered at the sale price. If you cannot do this, will you please route me to a supervisor in the US.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2017, 01:06 AM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Her best bet at this point is to email Jeff. I don't think anyone else will be able to authorize the sale price even a supervisor.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 08-01-2017, 01:13 AM   #49
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I ordered a Battery for my Amazon Phone... After 3 weeks Amazon CANCELLED the Order! Order was coming from China.... other times I order from China too a Month. To say I was pi$$ed would be an understatement! Reg price Same Co cost $20 each Sale they were $5 each! All Amazon said was Not their Problem! They were the ones that Cancelled! How was it Not their problem??

So I don't believe you going to get the phone for Sale price.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:38 AM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

She will if she emails Jeff. This isn't a merchant issue. She ordered directly from Amazon. They screwed up twice. This is now a corporate issue. Customer Support obviously can't authorize it but Jeff can.

Sent from my XT1528
Advert
Old 08-01-2017, 02:20 AM   #51
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Compensation: What did you actually lose? Not being able to spend $500.
They refunded and gave you a $5 credit.
I understand they sent you the wrong phone twice. Now do you still want the phone?
I would say for compensation, the best you might could get is the sale price.

What it sounds like happened to you was many people ordered this phone and the warehouse just grabbed what looked like the correct phone because they were in a hurry. Let's see two day shipping. Many people got the wrong thing and contacted customer service that day. Once again overwhelmed workers.

So now, my best advice is contact them again. Use precisely these words. I ordered give the product number on whatever that date was. My order number is . They sent me a different phone. When I contacted Amazon CS on date, they sent me the wrong phone again. I returned both of them. I would like to get the phone I actually ordered at the sale price. If you cannot do this, will you please route me to a supervisor in the US.
So as compensation I should receive exactly what I should have received in the first place? That's not what I think compensation means.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:24 AM   #52
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just received another email.

Amazon's response
I've reviewed your comments regarding the response was sent to you, I do apologize for all the misunderstanding.

Please let me allow to explain, you original query was that why were you charged twice for the replacement after looking at your replacement order I see that since we didn't receive the original item as expected in time frame hence we charged you again and that issued was solved as we issued* refund the amount that was charged.

Further I see that we suggested that you can buy the product on another site since there were issue with our inventory team and hence even our many customer had the same issue. I can see that even different sites might offer wrong item and they are expensive too however in this case we've extended all best hand by issuing replacement and refund so that we could give best customer service because I believe that what you say with regards to our service means much to us.

As a customer centric company, we strive for customer happiness.

My reply
Since I was charged for the replacement phone on the same day I called about receiving the wrong phone, the return could not have been late. This means I was absolutely not charged because I returned the phone too late.

So telling me to spend an extra $100 to get the phone Amazon was supposed to send me is good customer service? Seriously?

Since you have given no help at all, I do not wish to deal with customer service again for this. I will send an email directly to Bezos.

I guess I'm supposed to be able to time travel so I can give them the return before they even ask for it? I'm going to bed.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 08-01-2017 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:41 AM   #53
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
That doesn't sound like the Amazon I've dealt with. The grammar/syntax alone is appalling! It comes across as not having been written by a native English speaker. Just keep trying until you find someone who knows what they are doing. Jeff would certainly seem to fall into that category.

Compensation is usually just that. Ideally they should give you the correct phone for the sale price. Amazon also often gives small credits in addition to make up for the time and aggravation.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:47 AM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I agree the grammar in that response was not professional at all.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 08-01-2017, 05:09 AM   #55
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Sent from my XT1528
It's the first time I've ever seen this from Amazon, though regrettably it is probably now the rule rather than the exception for many companies.

Has anyone else come across this in Amazon correspondence? I hope it's not the start of a trend!
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #56
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Thanks. When I was trying to make it shorter and your suggestion here showed me that I didn't do it correctly again. I think your suggestion of what and how to say it will really help.

Thanks! Karma coming for you even though I will actually have to go to a browser to do it. See here I go again giving a long explanation where none is needed.

I would like your or anyone else reading this to help me determine what I should ask for as compensation. I went through 4 or 5 reps who each made things worse.

Someone did say to ask for the phone for free, but since it cost $449 dollars that seems like a lot. But I did save them a lot of money by not opening the box when I saw it wasn't the right one. I did this for both phones. My opening it would force them to sell it as used.
Compensation is tricky. The only thing you really have a right to is the phone at the advertised price. So that is what you should ask for. IF they choose to compensate or offer something else, you pretty much have to leave that to their discretion. As a business owner (I sell lotion, shampoo and homemade soap) I can tell you that it is fine to write and mention something is wrong with a product or it was messed up in shipping, etc. Most companies, including me, will replace it or refund at our discretion. HOWEVER, if a person starts ASKING for "I want this because I was inconvenienced..." that can cause suspicion that that customer is actually trying to take advantage of either a made-up situation or just some bad luck that occurred. Amazon has a history of going above and beyond, but that is the point--it's above and beyond. The only real obligation on their part is to get you the phone at the advertised price. Anything else is at their discretion. Just one opinion. Your mileage may vary.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:58 AM   #57
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I called Amazon once because a delivery didn't come the day it was supposed to and it was a prime order. I wasn't yelling or rude. I wanted to find out what's going on. We were given an extra month of prime.I didn't ask for any compensation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
It's the first time I've ever seen this from Amazon, though regrettably it is probably now the rule rather than the exception for many companies.

Has anyone else come across this in Amazon correspondence? I hope it's not the start of a trend!
I haven't. Their replies usually make sense even if it isn't perfect, it's never been jumbled like that.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 08-01-2017, 10:00 AM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Compensation is tricky. The only thing you really have a right to is the phone at the advertised price. So that is what you should ask for. IF they choose to compensate or offer something else, you pretty much have to leave that to their discretion. As a business owner (I sell lotion, shampoo and homemade soap) I can tell you that it is fine to write and mention something is wrong with a product or it was messed up in shipping, etc. Most companies, including me, will replace it or refund at our discretion. HOWEVER, if a person starts ASKING for "I want this because I was inconvenienced..." that can cause suspicion that that customer is actually trying to take advantage of either a made-up situation or just some bad luck that occurred. Amazon has a history of going above and beyond, but that is the point--it's above and beyond. The only real obligation on their part is to get you the phone at the advertised price. Anything else is at their discretion. Just one opinion. Your mileage may vary.
Compensation is usually at the company's discretion. I don't think your suppose to ask for it. I agree the only thing Purple Lady is entitled to ask for is the phone at the sale price that is on her original receipt.

Amazon is usually good at making things right. Sometimes they give compensation but sometimes they don't. I don't think it's right to ask for it though.

Earlier this year I ordered a pizza from Papa John's when I picked up that pizza a fight in the kitchen broke out between the prep girl and cook. When I got home I found in my pizza a jagged piece of hard plastic. I contacted them and all the owner did was give me my money back. If anyone deserved compensation it was me. Needless to say they lost my business because the owner handled this poorly. Never did I ask for more than my money back but there was no apologies, no remorse for having to watch two employees attack one another.

Now later we ordered two meals from Culver's they forgot a fry. When I called them to ask about my fry they replaced the entire ordered without asking and apologized. Now they are one of my favorite places.

I gave those two examples to show in both instances that it was up to the company to make it right. All I could do was bring the problem to their attention.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 08-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #60
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

Sent from my XT1528
It's not just the grammar, it's the content as well. They said that I was charged for the replacement because I took too long to return the original phone. Since I was charged for the replacement the very same day I received the original phone, they are just making stuff up or they are incompetent investigators.

The rep I talked to the first time placed a new order for me and he is the one who charged me for it. This guy looks like employee of the month compared to the rest of them.