Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Stevenson, Robert Louis: Treasure Island. May 2007

Well I think I'm addicted! I downloaded the original artwork by N.C. Wyeth and put then in there. I'm kind of proud of this one.

((Correction.. I've learned a TON about making Book designer files and The version I posted below is MUCH better. I enlarged the artwork so you can see it better and deleted a couple of unnecessary title page mistakes.. Thus.. Version 2... ))
Enjoy.

As a kid I can remember my Dad reading me this book and I was THERE! In the Barrel listening to the Pirates sceme!

Enjoy

Roy
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Treasure Islandv2.lrf (2.69 MB, 1654 views)

Last edited by Roy White; 11-17-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sounds nice. I'll have to have a look at this one.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
BCCISProf
Enthusiast
BCCISProf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500, Nook
Well Done! I notice that the first chapter link does not appear. I have had similar problems when using BookDesigner. Does anyone have any idea as to the cause (and better still how to correct it?
BCCISProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
"Fifteen men on the dead man's chest-"
And then the whole crew bore chorus:-"Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!"

One of the best books of my childhood/(teenager? ).
Thanks!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:19 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you mind a few suggestions for improvements?

1. Suppress the automatic generation of the title page and do it manually. What you've got at the moment is first a cover picture page (that's fine), then a page saying "Stevenson Robert Louis" with "Treasure Island" below it (doesn't look very good!) and then, on the next page "by Robert Louis Stevenson". If you suppress the automatic title page generation in BD you can do the whole thing yourself.

2. There's a map of "Treasure Island" at the start of the book, but it's very small. Make it significantly bigger, if possible.

3. On many - all? - the chapters you've got the chapter title repeated at the start of the text. Eg:

26: ISRAEL HANDS

Israel Hands THE wind....

The chapter should start "THE wind...".

That's all I spotted with a quick look. If you could make those changes, I think it would make the whole thing look a lot better.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If I may also make a gentle suggestion: The chapter repeatings are SO easy to fix.

Try this: Go to VIEW, then to SHOW NBSP (these won't show when you make an LRF. It's a toggle switch. Do HIDE NBSP to get rid of them.

Now: just carefully backspace to delete the chapter repeatings in the body of the text.

I should add this: COPY AND PASTE anything in the LAST FILE (within BD itself) TO ANOTHER FOLDER - PERHAPS ON YOUR DESKTOP, in case you MESS UP - as I usually do!!!! It's called the LAST FILE and is in BD.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-20-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #7
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Thanks. I made a notepad with what you just wrote and pasted it on my desktop.. I'll wrestle with that until i figure out what you mean...

I'm going to have a go at the rest of George Macdonalds work...

Next up... At The Back Of The North Wind..

Unless YOU want to do that one Good DR.

(I'm downlaoding Lillith as I type. )
Old 05-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
No, no. Please, go right ahead. I look forward to your "work."

(This is "work"? This is a labor of love!.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
I should add this: COPY AND PASTE anything in the LAST FILE (within BD itself) TO ANOTHER FOLDER - PERHAPS ON YOUR DESKTOP, in case you MESS UP - as I usually do!!!! It's called the LAST FILE and is in BD.
Definitely! I just copy the "LastFile" folder itself into the folder where I keep the original book file. That way, if I want to do more work on the book in the future, I can just double click the ".html0" file in that folder to re-open the book in BD.

I find BD to be not entirely stable, so making regular backups of "LastFile" saves the pain of losing hours of work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #10
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
my daddy read to me from a child's garden of verses, that would be neat to have.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #11
Roy White
Evangelist

Hmmm. It took me a little clicking around but I found the last file icon. (Copy and paste and keep all the files i use to make a book in a seperate file called sony reader projects in my documents with each project in a seperate folder.. Ok.. I'm getting my stuff together now!) Excellent tool that. I would have liked to go back and delete the blank title page... But its gone and weird. You cant reopen an lrf file once its done... I wish there was a tool that showed exactly what the finished product was going to be.. as you were making it. Kind of a 'toggle preview/edit button.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White
Hmmm. It took me a little clicking around but I found the last file icon. (Copy and paste and keep all the files i use to make a book in a seperate file called sony reader projects in my documents with each project in a seperate folder.. Ok.. I'm getting my stuff together now!) Excellent tool that. I would have liked to go back and delete the blank title page... But its gone and weird. You cant reopen an lrf file once its done... I wish there was a tool that showed exactly what the finished product was going to be.. as you were making it. Kind of a 'toggle preview/edit button.
Since it saves the LRF by book title, I change the name of the book in the Make eBook Sony Reader dialog to unkn so I can see it in the CONNECT software. If everything is ok then I run it for real and load that file to the Reader. (I know that this is not an option for you yet, but soon.) If it looks good there I can post it. I miss things like leaving "Start to type here."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #13
Roy White
Evangelist

One quetison.. How do I manually suppress the automatis generation of the title page?
Old 05-20-2007, 03:46 PM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
After you select Make eBooks Sony Reader there is an options tab at the top of the box that has an entry for skipping the title page.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #15
Roy White
Evangelist

Ok.. Here's My "Official" Version. I think I'm finally learning a few things.. I Selected the 'contents text as a 'title' so it shows up on the reader as a heading? Through the 3 pages of chapter headings... I managed to find the last file folder and altered the Book to my liking. I suppressed the title page and then.. Best oif all IMO I enlarged the map and the artwork so that each one of the wonderful N.C. Wyeth illustrations are full page sized. This file is 2 MB but I think everyone will enjoy it alot more. I even added a little surprise photo after the .. "THE END"

A Black and White photo I took of my wife while we were on a walk on a Country road near our house.

Its great to be able to Create these to suit my tastes.. I'm still waiting for my reader to come.. According to the usps tracking system its in Seatlle now.. 3 more days...

Oops.. Forgot to attach file.. its on the next page... Sorry

Last edited by Roy White; 05-20-2007 at 11:52 PM.