Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 08:00 AM   #106
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
@0xDEADBEAF

following the suggestion by Frenzie, you could try Koreader (without changing frontend/device/kobo/device.lua) by starting it from the command line of the webinterface: after killing KSM, execute
Code:
export PRODUCT=snow; $ksmroot/onstart/start_koreader.sh
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #107
0xDEADBEAF
0xDEADBEAF began at the beginning.

Device: h2o version 2
Thank you for the answers!

Got koreader started correctly (KMS and koreader start via webinterface).
In koreader the touch sometimes does something, but normally does nothing. So they have probably similar problems. I will post this on the koreader thread you mentioned.

In the forum for pbchess (touch also not working) i can't post something because the captcha is broken and i cant create an account there...

I also asked the guys of Kobo so they maybe give me a proper hardware documentation, or even some driver source code. Lets see what happens.

Btw: Google does not know a H2O Edition 2 Version 2 it just knows an H2O Edition 2. And so do I.

When i was discovering some files of the kobo device ive found /usr/local/Kobo/generic/libkevdevtouch.so. That could be the driver for the touchscreen device. But it probably wont help you because it's a binary...

I have to learn for my studies now, so i won't spend much more time for this issue. Maybe i just wait a year or so and hope there are solutions online then.

Best regards

Edit:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/3925
for those who are interested in the koreader h2o2 touchscreen discussion

Last edited by 0xDEADBEAF; 05-02-2018 at 03:11 PM.
0xDEADBEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #108
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xDEADBEAF View Post
I have to learn for my studies now, so i won't spend much more time for this issue. Maybe i just wait a year or so and hope there are solutions online then.

Best regards
Just in case you need at some point a break from learning, you can find the source code of the current pbchess drivers here.
All the best
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote