Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #646
Inferio
Inferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to beholdInferio is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellcwarren View Post
i tried the 3.0 firmware again with much better results, usb and wifi are both still working. the only issue being the oversized images on the home screen.
And what about Pocket?
Inferio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #647
russellcwarren
russellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Good idea. Either take a photo or add the following to the "Kobo eReader.conf". Then use the power slider to take a sceenshot.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
sorry it took me a couple of days, been very busy.

regarding pocket, it also isnt working, the username and password prompt is just a blank screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_006.png
Views:	982
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	115505

can confirm pocket is working. not sure why it didnt before

Last edited by russellcwarren; 11-26-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: pocket now working
russellcwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 04:42 AM   #648
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellcwarren View Post
sorry it took me a couple of days, been very busy.

regarding pocket, it also isnt working, the username and password prompt is just a blank screen.

Attachment 115505
I don't have firmware 3.0, but from this post it looks like you have to set up pocket first, did you try that procedure?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #649
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys,

I use now the FW 3.0.0 and there is something that I don't understand : in mine ".kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf", I've set : FrontLightLevel= "4". When I start or stop my kobo, without move the light cursor it's OK, but if I'm move the cursor of light, each time I start or stop my kobo the setting come back to "1" in this file !

We can think that when we move the light level something updates the value of "FrontLightLevel" in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf ! is it a bug ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #650
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
We can think that when we move the light level something updates the value of "FrontLightLevel" in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf ! is it a bug ?
No, it's expected behaviour. Your latest manual setting (for many things) is always stored in the .conf file. Some of them (e.g. font, size, margins, line spacing, alignment) are used when you open a new book, but there is the facility to store per-book settings for these. The light setting is global, not per-book.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #651
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi jackie_w,

I understand what you tell me but what I want to mean is this : each time I start or stop my Kobo, the light level is reset to 1%, the last value is not stored and so the last value is ignored !

NB : sorry for my bad english... I'm french.

Last edited by akorx; 11-21-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #652
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi jackie_w,

I understand what you tell me but what I want to mean is this : each time I start or stop my Kobo, the light level is reset to 1%, the last value is not stored and so the last value is ignored !
I just did a couple of quick tests on my Glo with fw3.0.0.

Light initially 33%. Put to sleep with power slider. Switch on again with power slider. Light still 33%.

Full power-off followed by power-on. Need to switch on light with light button. Light still 33%

Repeated the whole exercise with light initially set to 9%. Put to sleep with power slider. Switch on again with power slider. Light still 9%.

HOWEVER, full power-off followed by power-on. Need to switch on light with light button. Light now 1% not 9%.

So it appears that a light setting >=10% survives both go-to-sleep and full power-off/on. But a setting <10% will survive only go-to-sleep.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #653
akorx
Addict

Yes jackie_w, it's was not easy for me to explain but you have exactly described what I've noted and what I wanted to mean ! with low level of brightness, the value is not stored and put at 1% when we restart the kobo (we don't see this bug when the device is switch to standby mode).

Last edited by akorx; 11-21-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #654
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I saw the other post about this first. The reply is in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...41#post2693441. The only difference is that the change happens as you close the light level control, not when you power off. And if turn the light off while the control is displayed, you will see the level change to "0%".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #655
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

3.0.1 (644485e229)

Firmware 3.0.0 has been updated to 3.0.1 (revision 644485e229, 21 Nov 2013), same URL as for 3.0.0 (0cbc3626b3).

Edit: The device information screen on my Glo shows 3.0.1 but the archive name is kobo-update-3.0.0.zip

Last edited by GeoffR; 11-22-2013 at 11:32 PM. Reason: revision date added
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #656
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did this get sent to you during a sync, or did you download the file and see it was different?
Old 11-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #657
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did this get sent to you during a sync, or did you download the file and see it was different?
I just downloaded it from the link on the first page of this thread. My Glo was on 3.0.0 and I sideloaded 3.0.1 directly, no factory reset.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #658
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The first post has been updated with 3.0.1.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #659
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

For 3.0.1, Kobo have stated it is a "translation fix". There shouldn't be any new or changed function.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #660
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
For 3.0.1, Kobo have stated it is a "translation fix". There shouldn't be any new or changed function.
As in "Lost in Translation"?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote