Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #631
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Exclamation Desktop 3.5.0

I was just asked to download the latest version of the desktop: 3.5.0!

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #632
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellcwarren View Post
i tried the 3.0 firmware on my mini and it broke it. wifi stopped working, so did usb also the home screen images where to large. so it was out with the screwdriver to fix it.
Which firmware was on your mini before you tried the 3.0 update?
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #633
russellcwarren
russellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
Which firmware was on your mini before you tried the 3.0 update?
russellcwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #634
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
I just checked the kobo software and it just asked to update the desktop, previous to that, when the kobo firmware 3.0.0 came out the desktop was still running with out the update being offered to it currently.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #635
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi my Friends,

I've noticed the "bookmarks menu that doesn't work with main memory" is still there with FW 3.0.0... Do you know if next version will correct this bug ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #636
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
I've noticed the "bookmarks menu that doesn't work with main memory" is still there with FW 3.0.0... Do you know if next version will correct this bug ?
If you mean all the bookmark/annotations bugs that happen with epubs in the main memory, I doubt it. These are very old bugs, and Kobo do not seem to be interested in fixing them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #637
Coramvaar
Coramvaar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
My mini works perfect with mark4 3.0 firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
Sorry to hear the mini upgrade went wrong.

My mini experience was different.
The only noticeable flaw was the slightly too big cover images on the opening screen.

All functions are working for me.

I just upgraded in the conventional way
- extract to the .kobo directory the three files
- unmount
- unplug wait for kobo to restart

could it be you used the mark3 file intended for the original touch model
rather than the mark4 for the mini etc?

Here the same success!
Mini works with the mark4 firmware 3.0.0

But apart form the too big cover images on the opening screen, I don't see anything new.
No Pocket...
Coramvaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #638
Geeky
Enthusiast
Geeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdomGeeky is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: none
ATM I'm using a Kobo Touch N905 (first hardware revision). Did the WI-FI sync to firmware 2.5.2. Does anybody know (or can make an educated guess) when the 3.0.0 firmware will be available for german customers (for syncing)? I'm not too keen on sideloading the firmware.
Geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #639
russellcwarren
russellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of lightrussellcwarren is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo mini
i tried the 3.0 firmware again with much better results, usb and wifi are both still working. the only issue being the oversized images on the home screen.
russellcwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #640
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i tried the 3.0 firmware again with much better results, usb and wifi are both still working. the only issue being the oversized images on the home screen.
I think you will find those images are set by kobo, and not oversized. Perhaps you could post an image illustrating what you mean?

regards

Jack
Old 11-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #641
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I think you will find those images are set by kobo, and not oversized. Perhaps you could post an image illustrating what you mean?
Good idea. Either take a photo or add the following to the "Kobo eReader.conf". Then use the power slider to take a sceenshot.

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:22 AM   #642
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Is firmware 3.0 available from Kobo Desktop? It upgraded my device to 2.10, not to 3.0
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #643
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Is firmware 3.0 available from Kobo Desktop? It upgraded my device to 2.10, not to 3.0
Remember as has been said MANY times Kobo stagger rollouts over many weeks. It will arrive via WiFi and Desktop at the sane time.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #644
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember as has been said MANY times Kobo stagger rollouts over many weeks. It will arrive via WiFi and Desktop at the sane time.
Making us wait weeks is not a sane act...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #645
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Making us wait weeks is not a sane act...
Agreed, but Santa Claus has been doing that to Children for Decades.... and Kobo Does have a close working relationship to the fat man.... So why not.....?

regards

Jack