Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #1
MissileTech
MissileTech began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Blocking Kindle Outgoing Data

Is anyone working on a firewall that can be put on the kindle? As I am a privacy nut. I do not believe that Amazon should know anything that I do with my kindle or what I put on it. Take care.
MissileTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissileTech View Post
Is anyone working on a firewall that can be put on the kindle? As I am a privacy nut. I do not believe that Amazon should know anything that I do with my kindle or what I put on it. Take care.
Welcome to MobileRead, MissileTech.

Did you not realize before you bought the K that they had access?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...le+big+brother

do not know if this is up to date or still works
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Probably be best just to never turn the wireless functions on then.

But in that case you might as well buy a brand of reader that doesn't have wireless at all.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote