Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Wallmont SUPERstores really take shopping to a whole new level. and yes, every single possible reference and connotation is intended, there.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 04-11-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: i find it deeply ironic and appropriate that this particular post should be number **666.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
A Wallmont SUPERstore has just appeared...err, opened only a mile from the GPS coordinates we have on your current location. Do toodle on down, Geoff dear, there's a good chap. The staff are expecting you - they've already mixed your drink.

Yours via stealth CCTV,
Adrian
Wallmont SUPERstore ("Interfenestrating the windows of your desire"
i'll be on my way as soon as the sun sets in the west and the moon revolves around the earth in the other direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Geoff, I'm telling you, man, don't go in there! If you make it through the front door of a Wallmont SUPERstore in one piece, there's just no telling what you'll wind up with - or which parts it will cost you. And then there will be that "service agreement".
I like wind-up torches, very environwatsit-friendly....

Quote:
You clearly agreed to that servicing you recieved in the Genetiquette Department, so I'm rather surprised at your apparent dissatisfaction. Your litter of dog-otter hybrids will be ready last Tuesday, and as a gesture of goodwill I am happy to reduce the bill to just half of the previously quoted cost (my accounts department is just now calculating what 50% of an eternity actually comes to).

Yours midwiferly,
Adrian
Wallmont SUPERstore
"Where it's a business doing pleasure with you"
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #18
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I like wind-up torches, very environwatsit-friendly....
Please, please, don't go in and ask for wind-up torches! You're likely to be misheard and wind up on a rack with a gibbon apologizing because he thought you wanted wind-up tortures.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #19
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

cranking up the cranks very nicely, almost to the top now - ready to release the merchandise on your nod ..... "trebuchent ready !"
Old 04-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
Spartanny
Spartanny began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I went to a Pronshop to sell some used books. The guy asked me if there were any pictures in the book, and when I said no, he said, you must be looking for the Pawnshop, two doors down.
Spartanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanny View Post
I went to a Pronshop to sell some used books. The guy asked me if there were any pictures in the book, and when I said no, he said, you must be looking for the Pawnshop, two doors down.
just as long as you're not going to the Prawnshop.

prawns... :shudder:
Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
i'll be on my way as soon as the sun sets in the west and the moon revolves around the earth in the other direction.
Done. We will be expecting the pleasure of your company shortly then?

Cheers,
Adrian
Wallmont SUPERstore
"We'll move heaven and earth for you"
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
just as long as you're not going to the Prawnshop.
prawns... :shudder:
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Cheers,
Marc (in a rich, butter sauce)
Old 04-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Cheers,
Marc (in a rich, butter sauce)
try it ? i don't even want to be in the same room with it !
Old 04-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #25
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

I guess you'll be RSVPing in the negative to my Spider Crab Social invite then? I can already see the sadness on the faces of the lobster set (they're not as "hard-skinned" as you may think).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I guess you'll be RSVPing in the negative to my Spider Crab Social invite then? I can already see the sadness on the faces of the lobster set (they're not as "hard-skinned" as you may think).

Cheers,
Marc
gah !!! stop it, you're making my skin crawl, pretty soon it's going to crawl right out the door.

i actually once was dragged to a crab-eating party by an insensitive and inconsiderate friend. i spent the entire time on a chair as far away from the table as possible, hiding my eyes behind my hand. it may surprise you to know that the hardest part for me to bear was the compassion i felt for the poor crabs, and not the revulsion and disgust you might expect.

i nonetheless tried to put on a brave face about it and pretended i wasn't the least bothered. i'm not sure i'd be willing to do that anymore.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #27
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I once tried to eat a case if crabs I had unfortunately caught. Not even a good soak in garlic butter could make them wee buggers taste good!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:05 AM   #28
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
It's all a rich, butter sauce.

Wait, I may have that wrong.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #29
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I once tried to eat a case if crabs I had unfortunately caught. Not even a good soak in garlic butter could make them wee buggers taste good!

yes, a case of crabs could be nasty ...

wahat !!!!!

wait .....

erm.....