Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-30-2021, 10:37 AM   #1
SeniorGolfer
SeniorGolfer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
nable to transfer via MTP Nexus 7

Kovid Goyal,
It is some time since I have contacted you, then you resolved the problem. Now here we are again.
I have used Calibre for more years than I can remember, now I have a bug which only appeared on 5.30.0 loaded on 28/10. Suddenly Calibre did not see my Nexus 7. OK on PTP but not on MTP. This problem also with other devices as well.Tried various cables, about 15 in all, still no luck. I could not even see it under system files. Then tried it on another PC, working fine. I resorted to using FileMaster APP to install and remove books.
Last week upgraded to 5.33.2 and MTP appeared once again on system files. But Calibre still did not see the device. I thought of uninstalling Calibre, but that does not remove all files and could possibly not resolve the problem. I could try 5.30.0 but I think that might make matters worse. Have you any suggestions please?

Dave
SeniorGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:06 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kovid Goyal does not live here.
He is the AUTHOR of Calibre, not CC
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2021, 11:26 AM   #3
SeniorGolfer
SeniorGolfer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Typical, I have just posted regarding MTP problem, when I discovered mttp12 which is media transfer protocol kit, which is no longer supplied by MS, but I found plenty of sites with it on.
Installed it and now Calibre works fine with MTP.
SeniorGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote