Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
"Some of the ISBNs you entered were invalid..."

I am trying to log some of the books in my library, including a hard copy of Maitland's Domesday Book and Beyond.

The listed isbn is 0 521 34818 4

I have tried entering with spaces, with dashes, and just with digits. In each case I get the above error.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I am trying to log some of the books in my library, including a hard copy of Maitland's Domesday Book and Beyond.

I have tried entering with spaces, with dashes, and just with digits. In each case I get the above error.
4 is the MOD11 (0-9 X) check digit.
invalid says the processing of the other digits did not compute to 4 (calibre used to show Red if it was wrong. Calibre also stripped spaces and dashes for the check, so all those ways should have been fine
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:49 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

According to ISBN-10 & -13 check digit calculators and entering the first 9 digits (without spaces or any other separators, the check digit should be 8 not 4 for that ISBN. A quick check says this is the Cambridge University Press paperback version which shows 9780521349185 as the ISBN-13 which verifies.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:15 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
According to ISBN-10 & -13 check digit calculators and entering the first 9 digits (without spaces or any other separators, the check digit should be 8 not 4 for that ISBN. A quick check says this is the Cambridge University Press paperback version which shows 9780521349185 as the ISBN-13 which verifies.
The error isn't in the check digit, but in the ISBN itself. It should be 0521349184

note the ...491... not ...481...
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Publishers/printers do goof. I entered (scanned) the bar code of a new arrival while doing backroom processing, expecting to enter the price and data for the POS system. Boy was I surprised when the system came up 'found' on this new release.
Turns out the bar code was for a different book (which was already in our stock). The internal ISBN's were correct and the publisher quickly over-stickered their inventory with the correct code.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #6
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Thanks. And yes, the copy I have says 481.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:02 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thanks. And yes, the copy I have says 481.
And the check digit has done it's job by saying that is an invalid ISBN.

Are we having fun yet? <very plaintive voice>
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adding books, calibre, isbn