Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2020, 01:14 AM   #661
blackwalrus
blackwalrus began at the beginning.

Device: Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
an issue for the Discover
I also really want a patch to remove Discover. I saw that this was also requested on github.
blackwalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:23 AM   #662
muzzle
muzzle began at the beginning.

Device: p̶r̶s̶ ̶6̶0̶0̶, kobo aura h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post

That would mean the screen would have to be updated every minute. In other words, the device would not be asleep... so you might as well leave it on instead of patching it.
I am afraid I wasn't too clear with my idea.

I use the a 4 number PIN to lock my screen (I have small, meddling kids), and my proposal was to add the clock to the screen where you enter your PIN.

So you would not have to update the screen every minute, only to paint the clock on the screen where you enter the password which appears when you turn on your device.
muzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2020, 07:29 PM   #663
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Yes the MiniClock does still work! However there is a newer version from September 2020:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...94#post3898594

...unless you mean something else that I don't know about.
No, that's what I meant... I guess I'm not sure how to use it in conjunction with these patches. Can I install the tgz from that without messing up these patches?

Last edited by jeff47; 11-27-2020 at 07:56 PM.
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:03 PM   #664
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
No, that's what I meant... I guess I'm not sure how to use it in conjunction with these patches. Can I install the tgz from that without messing up these patches?
Yes... Install one and let it reboot and then install the other. I'd say do the patches first and then the clock
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:59 PM   #665
stupdude2
stupdude2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The interface has changed since this comment, but I have a similar request. Since I read without header, footer or progress bar, I don't know how many pages / time is left in my chapter unless I tap to open the menu then touch the chart. The page count in the reading menu is for the entire book, even in kepubs for some reason. I've combined a couple of solutions into a single screenshot.

1) Enable graph page automatically when you open the reading menu
2) show header page / time information in the reading menu - possibly next to the chapter name.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3nles1z8t...ockup.png?dl=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Is it possible to get a patch that sets which menu option comes up by default when you click on the bottom while reading (for kepubs). In this firmware, it seems to always come up with the navigation menu; in the older firmware version I was using on my Glo HD, it would come up with what last selected.

My first choice would be what was last selected. My second choice would be the graph menu.

Thanks. And thank you and great work on the patches!
stupdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2020, 03:22 PM   #666
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupdude2 View Post
The interface has changed since this comment, but I have a similar request. Since I read without header, footer or progress bar, I don't know how many pages / time is left in my chapter unless I tap to open the menu then touch the chart. The page count in the reading menu is for the entire book, even in kepubs for some reason. I've combined a couple of solutions into a single screenshot.

1) Enable graph page automatically when you open the reading menu
2) show header page / time information in the reading menu - possibly next to the chapter name.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3nles1z8t...ockup.png?dl=0
That looks like a bit more than a simple patch to me. Only @geek1011 will be able to answer this one for you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #667
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe
mxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Libra H2O
I would like to be able to remove the redundant "My Books" row. It already exists in the new footer menu. I don't really mind if the alternative is simply white space, though filling that space with the top row wouldn't be the worst.

Originally, I started talking about this here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335349

I thought it best to add a comment on this thread, too.
mxbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:56 PM   #668
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbndr View Post
I would like to be able to remove the redundant "My Books" row. It already exists in the new footer menu. I don't really mind if the alternative is simply white space, though filling that space with the top row wouldn't be the worst.

Originally, I started talking about this here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335349

I thought it best to add a comment on this thread, too.
Can delete them (this is a simple patch), but you will get an empty space at the bottom of the book. Do you need it?
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 03:40 PM   #669
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Can delete them (this is a simple patch), but you will get an empty space at the bottom of the book. Do you need it?
What can be put in the empty space?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #670
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What can be put in the empty space?
As far as I remember, nothing, just this block is hidden. Therefore, this patch has not received further development. It's not beautiful.

Every man to his own taste.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #671
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As far as I remember, nothing, just this block is hidden. Therefore, this patch has not received further development. It's not beautiful.

Every man to his own taste.
Since we have a double My Books, can something be done with the My Books on the bottom line?
Old 12-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #672
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe
mxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavens

Quote:
For my purposes, empty space is vastly preferred to redundancy.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:46 PM   #673
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
For my purposes, empty space is vastly preferred to redundancy.
Code:
Only reading line:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: |
  - FindZlib: "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2, #row2 {qproperty-visible:false;}"
Once again, it's not beautiful.
Old 12-12-2020, 06:59 PM   #674
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe

Quote:
Code:
Only reading line:
  - Enabled: no
  - PatchGroup: |
  - FindZlib: "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "[qApp_isFontScaleLarge=true] #row1col2 {\n  qproperty-visible: false;\n}"
      Replace: "#row1col2, #row2 {qproperty-visible:false;}"
Once again, it's not beautiful.
It works, thank you! See: https://i.imgur.com/fXe2wyD.jpg (I can't get the attachment uploader on this forum to work).

I LOVE it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;-)
Old 12-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #675
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It works, thank you! See: https://i.imgur.com/fXe2wyD.jpg (I can't get the attachment uploader on this forum to work).

I LOVE it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;-)
Just ugly as sin. If you ever gave me a Reader that looked like that and was as dumbed down as that, I'd throw it away.

Why do you think this person is stupid?

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests