Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-10-2018, 04:35 AM   #1
LotusElise
LotusElise began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Kobo Touch (N905C) no storage space, sd card won't read, can't connect to laptop

Hello!

My Kobo keeps telling me it's storage space is full. It seems that when installing the new disk image onto its internal SD card, it filled all the space.
I can however put some books on it, but it won't complete updating because then it says it has no more room.

Also, i have an extra SD card (16G), but I guess it doesn't see it, because the e-reader still says it has no space available. Do I have to format the SD card in a certain way?

And what's even more inconvenient, my laptop won't recognise the Kobo when I plug it in. I'm using a MacBook air. I tried different cables, restarting my laptop, but nothing seems to work.

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated!
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:55 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you wrote the image to the card properly, it should have produced exactly the same partition sizes as before. For a Touch, that means the book partition is about 1.4GB in size. If the device is telling you it is full, I would tend to believe it. You can look at the free space on the Device Information page of the settings, or look when the device is connected to the PC (but just read the last problem).

For the external SD card, it does need to be formatted properly. That means a single, FAT32 partition. Some cards don't seem to work out of the box but formatting them again will work. And some people have found the SD Memory Card Formatter is needed.

There is also a problem with some versions of the Touch that the card is not recognised properly if inserted when the device is turned on. If you insert it after the device is started, then it is seen OK. This affect the N905, but I don't remember if it affects the N905C.

When the card is seen, the device only automatically uses it for downloading purchased books from the Kobo store if the main storage is full. It doesn't automatically move sideloaded books and doesn't use it when downloading the firmware updates.

As to the Mac not seeing the Touch, other than what you have done, about the only thing I can suggest is to try another machine. Hopefully another Mac user will come along with some suggestions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo touch, sd cards not recognized