Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-28-2018, 06:14 AM   #121
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Fortunately I have now managed to resolve that problem. But for those not able to do so, I suggest raising it at the nomination stage rather than the voting stage.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #122
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Fortunately I have now managed to resolve that problem. But for those not able to do so, I suggest raising it at the nomination stage rather than the voting stage.
How about raise the issue at the nomination stage if possible and if not possible, raise it at the voting stage?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2018, 07:58 AM   #123
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I would have no objection to withdrawing a book because of availability, subject to reasonable time limitations.

That said, could we get back on topic? I don't see a real issue here. Good intentions will be apparent and cover most situations. If people feel they must comment further, please contact me via PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #124
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
How about Whither shall I wander?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 12:52 PM   #125
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
How about Whither shall I wander?
What does it mean?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2018, 12:57 PM   #126
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
What does it mean?

It came to mind as I was thinking about Bill Bryson books, and all his global meanderings. But I thought it could also involve any type of wandering, such as mental (daydreaming), or sci-fi (wandering through space) etc. etc.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #127
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post

It came to mind as I was thinking about Bill Bryson books, and all his global meanderings. But I thought it could also involve any type of wandering, such as mental (daydreaming), or sci-fi (wandering through space) etc. etc.
My imagination is on the fritz; I cannot come up with even one possibility right now!
Old 01-28-2018, 01:20 PM   #128
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
My imagination is on the fritz; I cannot come up with even one possibility right now!
It may well be too limiting. I was hoping others would have some ideas...
Old 01-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #129
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I stumbled upon an article called Here Be Dragons, but it was actually about Novels Invaded by Mythological Creatures. The examples were Golems, Vampires, Bigfoot, Kraken, Dragons, Ogres, etc.

I think it would be fun to have a theme around myths, folklore and fairly-tales.

These are meant to be two separate ideas.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 03:52 PM   #130
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I like Whither shall I wander?, and had suggested Travel a while back. Everything from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy to non-fiction books such as issybird’s February nomination, The Snow Leopard.

Bookworm-Girl, Charlie loves dragons so I’m sure will be keen to second that one! I find myths and folk/fairy tales fascinating. I suppose we could call such a theme Once upon a time.

Last edited by Bookpossum; 01-28-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:36 PM   #131
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, Wild by Cheryl Strayed, and A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson are just three books that fit the theme of Whither shall I wander. But you could also have books about someone journey of self discovery. There could be other types of books I've not thought of.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #132
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I stumbled upon an article called Here Be Dragons, but it was actually about Novels Invaded by Mythological Creatures. The examples were Golems, Vampires, Bigfoot, Kraken, Dragons, Ogres, etc.

I think it would be fun to have a theme around myths, folklore and fairly-tales.

These are meant to be two separate ideas.
Here Be Dragons is a very good idea.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:14 PM   #133
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I liked it, but as Crunchy, and goes well with ketchup, which was Dazrin's title for it.

However, it does seem a pretty limiting theme.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:19 PM   #134
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here Be Dragons is a very good idea.
This reminds me of a book I have on the history of mapping which shows a map with quite interesting sea dragons and mentions the old tales of what could be in Terra Australis on the other side of the impassable torrid zone. Unfortunately, it's not currently in print but I'm sure other such books on mapping and traveler's tales would suit just as well.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:33 PM   #135
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, Wild by Cheryl Strayed, and A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson are just three books that fit the theme of Whither shall I wander. But you could also have books about someone journey of self discovery. There could be other types of books I've not thought of.
The only books I can think of that might fit this category are books I dislike. E.g., Deliverance. Eeek!