Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #1
temazur
temazur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Kobo Touch won't connect to some computers

Hi!

I have a Kobo Touch. It won't connect to my desktop anymore or my wife's laptop. When I plug in the Kobo and select the option to connect to the computer it doesn't show up in the computer area and Calibre won't recognize it as being connected.

Both are running Windows 7. It will connect to my work laptop, also on Windows 7, but I can't put books on my work laptop to transfer them.

Everything else USB-driven connects just fine to these two other computers. I've tried different ports and multiple different cables, none of which has fixed the problem.

Any ideas? I don't want to get another new Kobo - it would be my third one in three and a half years if I do. Replacing ereaders is getting expensive.
temazur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Davidfor has often mentioned this tool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Try USBDeview. It will list all USB devices and drivers that have ever been connected to the PC. Find all the references to Kobo and remove them. If the issue was a driver being incorrectly installed, that should fix it.
See if that helps.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
temazur
temazur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
OMG! That worked!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!
temazur is offline   Reply With Quote