Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
tanks79
Book and Tech lover.
tanks79 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nook Simple Touch GlowLight, Google Books
Question books added to PRS-505 not showing up

Hi everyone,
I am having a ton of trouble with my ereader. I have a sony prs-505, and I use calibre to manage my library. The other day, I was trying to upload a bunch of new books, they are all epub, and I have never had trouble before. I will add them to my device, and the calibre will show them on the device or the sd card, there is more than enough space on the sd card for everything. When I turn on my device and it reloads it will only show half of what I added. When I look to see what files are on the device through the computer, it shows everything I added. I checked to see if the epub was missing, or if anything else was wrong but everything I check looks right. I restored the data base, reformatted the device and the sd card, I have googled everything I can think of but am not finding any answers. Does anyone else have any ideas of what I can do to get all my books on my device? I am going nuts. I have been looking forward to quite a few of these books and its driving me crazy knowing I am so close to getting to read them!!
Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

I forgot to mention, I have no real way to figure out which books were added or not to the device, other than looking them up individually on the device, which I can't do while connected.

Last edited by tanks79; 07-09-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: forgot to mention
tanks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Most likely one of the epubs you are adding is causing the reader's indexing to crash. No way to find out which one unless you add them one at a time and check if the reader sees them. If you do fond the problem book, most likely an epub to epub conversion will fix the problem.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
tanks79
Book and Tech lover.

ok, I will try that, I hope it helps. Thanks for the quick response!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
tanks79
Book and Tech lover.

I would like to thank you (kovidgoyal) for the suggestion of adding the files individually, till I found the ones that weren't working. For some reason it didn't work. So what I ended up doing was figuring out exactly which books weren't being added. I created a tag of books not on my device, and then retagging them as I was able to get them on the device. There was still around 500 books not being added, even though the files open properly on my computer and I could read them fine. I was finally able to get the missing books on my device by adding them through the sony e-reader library. That was the only way I could get all the books on my device, even though I really dislike the software. Thanks again for your quick reply. I'm sorry it took so long to update my progress, it ended up taking me a while to try it. I was extremely happy when it finally worked. Thanks for all you do with the calibre library, it is a great program and I really love it. I recommend it to everyone.

Tags
books not found, calibre, sony prs-505