Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #706
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
It should be as simple as something like 'menu_item:reader:Power-off in 30m:cmd_spawn:sleep 1800;qndb -m pwrShutdown'.
And as geek1011 just pointed out to me on Github, I forgot to add the sleep option. It should be in the next version of NickelDBus.

Quote:
I read this, but it's a little sparse for a n00b like me.
https://shermp.github.io/NickelDBus/
For detailed documentation on what each option does, click the API Documentation link at the top or bottom of the page. It's in 'Qt' speak I'm afraid, but all you really need from it for qndb is the name (the bit after NDB:: ) and the number and type of arguments to pass (eg: QString const& arg is an argument of type string, which is just text) An int means a whole number etc.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #707
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I've finally gotten around to finishing the redesign I've been working on for my Kobo firmware page for a while. It's now cleaner, more compact, and the tables are easier to read. In addition, there's now a dark mode for devices which support it. There's also now a second navbar to quickly jump between sections. Otherwise, the functionality is identical, but I plan on making some performance improvements later to make the page load faster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kfd1.png
Views:	199
Size:	475.2 KB
ID:	184521   Click image for larger version

Name:	kfd2.png
Views:	183
Size:	463.1 KB
ID:	184522   Click image for larger version

Name:	kfd3.png
Views:	155
Size:	443.6 KB
ID:	184523  
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #708
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Quote:
I've finally gotten around to finishing the redesign I've been working on for my Kobo firmware page for a while. It's now cleaner, more compact, and the tables are easier to read. In addition, there's now a dark mode for devices which support it. There's also now a second navbar to quickly jump between sections. Otherwise, the functionality is identical, but I plan on making some performance improvements later to make the page load faster.
Great! But how do I enable dark mode on the page?
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #709
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Great! But how do I enable dark mode on the page?
In general, it's controlled by your OS settings (see here and here), but there are also browser extensions available like this one for Firefox to control it separately.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:57 PM   #710
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is there a link to generate the BBCode for posting the links on MR?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:18 PM   #711
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Or you can just force a dark page if your device doesn't have dark mode.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:34 AM   #712
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there a link to generate the BBCode for posting the links on MR?
Oops, that appears to have gotten lost in the layout changes. I'll put it back after I finish rewriting the script sometime in the next week or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
Or you can just force a dark page if your device doesn't have dark mode.
That's only in very recent versions of Chrome IIRC.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:50 AM   #713
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oops, that appears to have gotten lost in the layout changes. I'll put it back after I finish rewriting the script sometime in the next week or two.
Thanks much!
Old 01-08-2021, 02:53 AM   #714
geek1011
Wizard

I have rewritten the script for my firmware page. In addition to loading 4-10x faster with 6x fewer requests in 4x less bytes and reduced cpu/memory load, it now works on IE11 and the Kobo Web Browser. The release notes dialog is also now easier to read too. The code is also much cleaner.

Last edited by geek1011; 01-08-2021 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 04:42 AM   #715
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Good morning, I've searched the forum but can't seem to find what I'm looking for (a bit like U2).

On my patched Forma and H2O (thank you!) I'm displaying the header 'Chapter x, 1 of 34' and as I often read against the clock (is it time to pick up OH from town, etc) I'd love to see the clock/time permanently displayed on this line. Is that possible?

I found references to a 'mini-clock' but not pictures of it or how to use it, and don't know if that would do what I want.

Thank you.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 05:37 AM   #716
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Good morning, I've searched the forum but can't seem to find what I'm looking for (a bit like U2).

On my patched Forma and H2O (thank you!) I'm displaying the header 'Chapter x, 1 of 34' and as I often read against the clock (is it time to pick up OH from town, etc) I'd love to see the clock/time permanently displayed on this line. Is that possible?

I found references to a 'mini-clock' but not pictures of it or how to use it, and don't know if that would do what I want.

Thank you.
Have a look at here. It may help.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...39#post4075039
Old 01-10-2021, 08:07 AM   #717
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thank you, but I don't want a timer, just the time showing constantly at the top of the page so I can keep glancing at it while reading
Old 01-10-2021, 09:03 AM   #718
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
The MiniClock add-on can do what you want. It's the brainchild of @frostschutz and @NiLuJe. Start here to read the intro.

If you do decide to try it out I suggest following the green link at the top of that post to download @NiLuJe's latest version which includes a few extra bells and whistles for its config file. If you have any future questions/problems with MiniClock you should ask them in that thread.

You can see an example of MiniClock in action in the screenshot (bottom right, sitting above the progressbar) from a recent (unrelated) post of mine.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:40 AM   #719
Ned
Ebook reader

Thank you - that looks just the thing. I'll look into it and do as you say

Am I right in assuming it can't be put in along with the header to save taking up an extra line?
Old 01-10-2021, 10:01 AM   #720
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Thank you - that looks just the thing. I'll look into it and do as you say

Am I right in assuming it can't be put in along with the header to save taking up an extra line?
You can position it wherever you want - top, bottom, corner, middle, ... It's not part of the Kobo firmware at all, it's just an overlay using precise (x, y) pixel coordinates.

Hint: No matter where you decide to place it you'll probably find something else "in the way" at some point on one Kobo GUI screen or another.

ETA: The MiniClock display is always on or always off. It can't be restricted to "ON whilst in a book" or "OFF whilst in the booklists or Home screen".

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-10-2021 at 10:07 AM. Reason: ETA
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests