Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-24-2019, 09:21 PM   #346
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Is there a way to use Kindle Collections with multiple libraries? I used to use it with virtual libraries, and it didn't work that way.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:54 PM   #347
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@MarjaE: I have zero experience with multiple lirbaries (and/or virtual ones), so take that with a grain of salt.

Even if it did work, I can't see it being practical (f.g., you'd probably have to sync each library on its own, you'd have to make sure there aren't any conflicts, you might have to get creative with settings so that one library's collections doesn't mangle another's, etc.)

Things are designed to work on a 1:1 mapping.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #348
sefin
sefin began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 7th generation (paperwhite)
Hi,
I just downloaded the Kindle collections plugin for Calibre, and when I try to import my 14 kindle collections into Calibre I get this message:

calibre, version 4.2.0
ERROR: Kindle Collections: No collections for books found on the Kindle - import aborted.<P>If you know there are books on your Kindle and in Calibre, try disconnecting/reconnecting your Kindle or restarting Calibre.<P>

I have a kindle 7th generation (paperwhite). Does anyone have any idea why I get that message?
sefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #349
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefin View Post
Hi,
I just downloaded the Kindle collections plugin for Calibre, and when I try to import my 14 kindle collections into Calibre I get this message:

calibre, version 4.2.0
ERROR: Kindle Collections: No collections for books found on the Kindle - import aborted.<P>If you know there are books on your Kindle and in Calibre, try disconnecting/reconnecting your Kindle or restarting Calibre.<P>

I have a kindle 7th generation (paperwhite). Does anyone have any idea why I get that message?
For this plugin to work, you need to have your Kindle jailbroken.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #350
gonzalotango
gonzalotango began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Hello,
I have a Kindle DX Graphite and the plug in is not working. It creates the collection after reset, but they are empty, then screen flashes (on device) and collections dissapeared and my books appears again without the collections.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
gonzalotango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #351
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@gonzalotango: Run calibre in debug mode, check the output, and check the collections.json that is actually getting generated.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:58 PM   #352
vranger
vranger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Manage Collections grayed out

Recently I decided to get rid of an older version of Calibre and go with the latest 64-bit version. Unfortunately, in that process, I uninstalled the earlier version.

Once I got the new version up and installed the Collections plug-in, it is grayed out on the toolbar, and I have found no way to correct this. I have a column created for the collection, and I have the correct device (Kindle DX) selected in the plug-in options. To my memory, I've done everything I once did to get the Collections plug-in operational in my earlier installation.

The only advice I've been able to find is a years old post that suggests the plug-in will not work with an unregistered Kindle. This does not apply, since my devices are all registered.

Any suggestions? Thank you.
vranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:03 PM   #353
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should post in the plugins thread.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:11 PM   #354
vranger

The breadcrumb trail above says Calibre>Plugins.

What am I missing? Sorry, brand new here.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #355
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is the plugins forum, there are individual threads for individual plugins. Although as I recall this particualr plugin has been retired.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:19 PM   #356
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Maybe this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=244202
Old 05-14-2020, 01:24 PM   #357
vranger

I appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Does your last note mean there is a possibility the Collections plug-in does not work at all with the latest Calibre builds?
Old 05-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #358
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vranger View Post
I appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Does your last note mean there is a possibility the Collections plug-in does not work at all with the latest Calibre builds?
If your DX is not jailbroken, the collections plugin will not work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:36 PM   #359
vranger

Just for clarity, I've had no problem with the Collections plug-in on standard Kindle software with older versions of Calibre. It wasn't until I went to the latest 64-bit version that this plug-in either broke, or is looking for something I'm missing.

I was using it last week on a standard DX, with an older Calibre version.

If I need to start Jailbreaking DXs to get it to work now, I'm perfectly willing to do that, and thanks for that tip!
Old 05-14-2020, 05:56 PM   #360
NiLuJe
BLAM!

JB or not is irrelevant on a DX (as long as you only care about collections).

The fact that the plugin's button itself is grayed out in Calibre's UI shouldn't have anything to do with the plugin itself (IIRC), and I'd say you're looking at the wrong toolbar, the device isn't plugged in, or something along those lines.

I don't even *know* how you can end up with a grayed icon, actually?

TL;DR: Settings > Toolbars & menus > The main toolbar when a device is connected

And check that the "Kindle Collections" icon is in the "Current actions" pane.

(And, of course, that you access it when the device is connected).

NOTE: By "latest 64-bit version", I assume you mean the latest stable calibre release (i.e., 4.15.0). This plugin will not (and may never, since I haven't actually used this in years, and it may be non-trivial to port, and I'm lazy) support the Python 3 builds.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-14-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle