Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #16
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Ugh. It's. Happening. Again.

Calibre books sent to my GMX alias address from October to mid January with no problems. A little over a week ago, I started receiving the Verify emails from Amazon again. Is it the same Amazon bug, even though my GMX alias email name is completely different to my kindle name? I wonder if I should just create a new GMX account.

And yes, Send to Kindle using my gmail address remains trouble-free (even though the name for both gmail and kindle addresses are the same). It's just the GMX address that seems to have issues.
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
Calibre books sent to my GMX alias address from October to mid January with no problems. A little over a week ago, I started receiving the Verify emails from Amazon again.
This is probably why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogib View Post
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:21 PM   #18
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
This is probably why:
Hmmm the timeline certainly makes sense. Shouldn't this also affect my other email addresses that I use for Send to Kindle? But as I mentioned, my gmail still works for STK and I do not receive the verification request from Amazon. And wouldn't other users have the same problem? Anyone else receiving verification requests from Amazon? Surely I'm not the other one sending Calibre books automatically to Kindle.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #19
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdonline View Post
Shouldn't this also affect my other email addresses that I use for Send to Kindle? But as I mentioned, my gmail still works for STK and I do not receive the verification request from Amazon.
Gmail has email authentication so Amazon can verify the books came from a valid/non-spoofed, authorized email address.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 01-23-2021 at 04:05 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:44 PM   #20
tdonline
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Gmail has email authentication so Amazon can verify the books came from a valid/non-spoofed, authorized email address.
Thanks for explanation. So, any other GMX users out there? Are you experiencing this problem?
Old 01-25-2021, 11:25 AM   #21
rosemaryknits
rosemaryknits began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
I'm having the same problem, it began sometime around 1/15 and I have read through this whole thread and I have no clue how to remedy it. This is frustrating! I get numerous newspapers sent automatically, and it is annoying to have to click each one through!

Any advice?

I've been using a GMX email for years - in the past, on occasion, I'd have to log into GMX and redo the password or something so that it would continue sending to kindle. This doesn't seem to be that problem as my GMX email is working just fine.

It's been so long that I'm using GMX that I forgot the original reason why. Is there a way to use Calibre and Gmail or a different email?
rosemaryknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:46 PM   #22
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemaryknits View Post
I'm having the same problem, it began sometime around 1/15 and I have read through this whole thread and I have no clue how to remedy it. This is frustrating! I get numerous newspapers sent automatically, and it is annoying to have to click each one through!

Any advice?

I've been using a GMX email for years - in the past, on occasion, I'd have to log into GMX and redo the password or something so that it would continue sending to kindle. This doesn't seem to be that problem as my GMX email is working just fine.

It's been so long that I'm using GMX that I forgot the original reason why. Is there a way to use Calibre and Gmail or a different email?
If you want to try Gmail, I just responded to someone else with info about my settings here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...45&postcount=9
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:04 PM   #23
rosemaryknits

Oh thanks! I'll certainly give this a try. Thanks so much!
Old 01-26-2021, 10:25 PM   #24
rosemaryknits

OMG thanks so much this worked perfectly!!!

Blessings my cyber friend! Thanks so very much!!!
Old 01-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #25
tdonline
Addict

Also wanted to confirm Cathy's tip in the thread she linked works.