Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #61
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
You can reset your reading stats to zero. Under reading settings (on the second page) deselect "Track reading activity" then re-select it. That will reset the stats to zero and start all over again.
Thanks. Should have thought to try that myself.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #62
bearymore
Connoisseur
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
I still have the bug I experienced with the previous couple of recent releases. With the light on auto, it will, from time to time, turn itself off. I've turned off the option to turn off in bright sunlight, thinking that might be the problem, and it still does it. This happens regardless of external lighting. I was reading in the dark last night by the light of the kobo, for example, and the light turned itself off.

I reported this bug before in the thread on the previous release and was told to install this release. Clearly it is not fixed.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2017, 07:56 PM   #63
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
I still have the bug I experienced with the previous couple of recent releases. With the light on auto, it will, from time to time, turn itself off. I've turned off the option to turn off in bright sunlight, thinking that might be the problem, and it still does it. This happens regardless of external lighting. I was reading in the dark last night by the light of the kobo, for example, and the light turned itself off.

I reported this bug before in the thread on the previous release and was told to install this release. Clearly it is not fixed.
I think you should report that one directly to KOBO. I have not seen comments about that particular issue, so it may be unique to your ereader.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:34 AM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Anyone have trouble with epub downloading over 2MB? It seems to stop each time half way. Never had a problem before 4x firmware.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:44 AM   #65
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Anyone have trouble with epub downloading over 2MB? It seems to stop each time half way. Never had a problem before 4x firmware.

Sent from my XT1528
A known bug in the browser. It's been reported and hopefully will be fixed RSN.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2017, 01:36 AM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A known bug in the browser. It's been reported and hopefully will be fixed RSN.
Ugh. I was able to open the epub up on my tablet and delete the fonts bringing the size down a meg, re-upload to Dropbox then download to my Kobo.

I hope it's fixed soon.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 03-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #67
schizzzo
schizzzo began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
I think you should report that one directly to KOBO. I have not seen comments about that particular issue, so it may be unique to your ereader.
Sadly it's not unique to his ereader, I have the same problem
schizzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:05 AM   #68
s4nder
Connoisseur
s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.s4nder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bricked a brand new Glo HD going from a 3.19 build to this one. It gets to four squares out of five, then goes black. The manual factory reset described here doesn't work, the result is the same. The PC doesn't recognize it as a connected device.

Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: I should mention the device was ordered from Japan.
Edit2: I finally got it fixed, it took five consequtive well-timed resets. Jeeze.

Last edited by s4nder; 03-26-2017 at 10:38 AM.
s4nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:32 AM   #69
retama91
retama91 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi, my Kobo Glo HD get an update two days ago to 4.3.8945. I see here the 4.3.8966 is out there but I do not know why my glo HD does not update to this latest version despite several sync. It is normal ? What I have missed ?
I want to patch it again but I preffer to have the latest soft befote to avoid to patch it twice

Thanks
retama91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:22 AM   #70
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by retama91 View Post
Hi, my Kobo Glo HD get an update two days ago to 4.3.8945. I see here the 4.3.8966 is out there but I do not know why my glo HD does not update to this latest version despite several sync. It is normal ? What I have missed ?
I want to patch it again but I preffer to have the latest soft befote to avoid to patch it twice

Thanks
Can't answer your question directly, however neither my Glo nor my Glo HD have had an update pushed to 4.3.8966; both still on 4.3.8945.

I'll wait till either the next update comes along or .8966 gets pushed; The only issue I have had was with the book reading stats telling me that it would take something like 170 hours to finish reading a book that then only took about 40 minutes. I've turned off "track reading stats" and figures now look more sensible. I'm not too bothered about "global" stats but do like the current book progress one.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:47 AM   #71
gabryele
Connoisseur
gabryele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshoal View Post
just found my glo hd had an update.
Aura One telling me nothing about 4.3.8966

I update manually
gabryele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why you do not get 4.3.8966 on a sync depends on who your affiliate it. But that's rather not all that much of a problem as you can use the following link to download the firmware and side load it to manually update.

You just unzip the contents to the .kobo directory and eject your device and it will update. Just make sure you are charged before doing this.

https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 PM   #73
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I actually got this one but not the last one on my Glo HD. I think it's​ rolled out in batches or something.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 03-27-2017, 04:55 AM   #74
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post

Hi, same problem on my KA1. Glad to see that I'm not the only one ...
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:04 AM   #75
gabryele
Connoisseur
gabryele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
confirm, no new home in Aura one

I updated the firmware manually, because no update has found with sync.
I have affiliate=Kobo, is there a "better" affiliate?

Last edited by gabryele; 03-27-2017 at 07:17 AM.
gabryele is offline   Reply With Quote