Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Ways to Catalogue Hard Copies?

I know it's possible to add empty books, and use empty books to catalogue hard copies in a library.

Not everything has an isbn, but are there tools to input metadata based on isbn?

I would still have to add some of my own metadata, but not nearly as much.

I have severe rsi, so I can't type everything in, without tools like the above, and I have coordination and sensory issues, so can't use phone/tablet apps to scan everything in. I can't escape painfully loud construction noise, so can't use Dragon or Enhanced Dictation either, during the construction, and don't want to waste the moments of peace, during the breaks. I don't think Dragon or Enhanced Dictation would work for data entry anyway, because they can't recognize isolated words.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Sure you can. It is the Add Books option right underneath Add Empty Book.

"Add From ISBN" -- gives you a box to fill in ISBNs, you can use a scanner or copy-paste an existing list. It should automatically trigger a metadata download to fill in the information based on ISBN.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you have the list of books elsewhere, and can create a CSV file, you can use the Import Plugin to load the list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard copies, library management