Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-18-2015, 03:02 PM   #31
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandt99 View Post
Hmm. Yes, I run Windows 7. My error - since my login ID has administrator rights I erroneously assumed that gave the required permissions. The Generation process of 7 custom columns for 2 libraries runs to completion starting calibre "as administrator".

Interestingly, doing the Generation process with the exact same set of custom columns but just one source library runs correctly without needing the UAC permissions.

Roland

Good to know.

I am testing version 2.0.6 right now, which fixes the series-like index problem. I will upload it soon.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:02 PM   #32
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.0.6 - Index for Series-Like Custom Columns

Version 2.0.6 - 2015-12-18 Consolidation now properly updates the index for Series-Like custom columns.

Also, the OP was changed to say that all Windows 7 CALM users must run Calibre from a shortcut with 'administrator' rights due to UAC problems when CALM is executing calibredb as operating system subprocesses. Previously, it stated that only 'standard' users had to do so. Empirical evidence has proven otherwise.

DaltonST
Advert
Old 12-18-2015, 06:24 PM   #33
rolandt99
rolandt99 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thank you. Using 2.0.6 my series-like custom column index values are updated properly.

Question - You have predefined a CALM column formats_source with the count of source formats. Is there a way to also get the format types? That is for me to create a CALM library custom column containing the source formats type names (i.e. "epub, mobi") - while understanding that those formats are not actually in the CALM library?

Question - While a book cover is technically not metadata is there a way to add a custom column to the CALM library for cover status? That is: at least a binary Y/N if a cover exists or even better maybe containing the cover resolution (nnnXnnn).

Again, think you very much for this awesome plugin and your other plugins.

Roland
rolandt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #34
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.7 - New 'Standard' Target Library Custom Column: #source_format_types

Version 2.0.7 - 2015-12-23 New 'Standard' CALM Target Library Custom Column: #source_format_types.

The CALM Template Target Library used to 'refresh' has been updated to always show that new Standard Custom Column, and to also color that column 'blue'. Unless you start with a clean slate, you will have to update View Manager and the Look&Feel color rules yourself.

Attached are example rules for both.

Obviously, only CALM Target Libraries that you create starting with Version 2.0.7 will have the new 'Standard' Custom Column. If you are still Consolidating legacy CALM Target Libraries, a Consolidation log message will state that the new column does not exist, so cannot be updated.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	view_manager_showing_new_column_source_format_types.JPG
Views:	553
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	144854   Click image for larger version

Name:	lookandfeel_column_coloring_rule_for_new_column_source_format_types.JPG
Views:	547
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	144855  
Old 12-24-2015, 11:20 AM   #35
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
When I change to CALM library or I refresh the library view, I get the following message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CALM.JPG
Views:	856
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	144872

And these are the details:

Spoiler:

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 536, in current_changed
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 519, in get_book_display_info
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 583, in get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 611, in get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 311, in _get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 425, in composite_for
File "site-packages\calibre\db\fields.py", line 273, in _render_composite_with_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\db\fields.py", line 259, in __render_composite
KeyError: u'composite_template'

So, calibre doesn't change properly to the library.

I'm merging two libraries, and I have one selected custom column and each of them, which is text with fixed values.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2015, 11:28 AM   #36
DaltonST
Deviser

Composite Custom Columns in CALM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
When I change to CALM library or I refresh the library view, I get the following message:

Attachment 144872

And these are the details:

Spoiler:

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 536, in current_changed
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 519, in get_book_display_info
File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 583, in get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 611, in get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 311, in _get_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 425, in composite_for
File "site-packages\calibre\db\fields.py", line 273, in _render_composite_with_cache
File "site-packages\calibre\db\fields.py", line 259, in __render_composite
KeyError: u'composite_template'

So, calibre doesn't change properly to the library.

I'm merging two libraries, and I have one selected custom column and each of them, which is text with fixed values.

You need to read this recent post: Composite Custom Columns in CALM Version 2.0.5.

Quote:
@rolandt99:

Version 2.0.5 Answer to your Questions #1 and #2:

You are probably getting Template Errors when you switch to the CALM Target Library that you just Generated. I assume that is what you mean by "generation fails". Composite Custom Columns are problematic because of their Templates. Working on that issue for the next release of CALM is on my to-do list.

2 Possible Immediate Work-Around Solutions to choose from:

[Choice #1] There is a pushbutton on the "Source Custom Columns" tab named "Mass Deactive All Composite Custom Columns (Only)". You need to click that prior to Generating. Then, manually create the desired Composite Custom Columns directly in the CALM Target Library. Since they are "columns built from other columns", their underlying real data will already be there.

[Choice #2] Manually change the templates for all of the Generated Composite Custom Columns directly in the CALM Target Library. I suggest you do this AFTER Generation BUT BEFORE Consolidation. You will get few-to-no error messages about Template Errors, since there will be no "books" in the CALM Target Library to cause them. Then, run a Consolidation.
DaltonST
Old 12-24-2015, 11:44 AM   #37
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.8 - New 'Standard' CALM Target Library Custom Column: #source_cover

Version 2.0.8 - 2015-12-24 New 'Standard' CALM Target Library Custom Column: #source_cover.

The CALM Template Target Library used to 'refresh' has been updated to always show that new Standard Custom Column. Unless you start with a clean slate, you will have to update View Manager yourself.

#source_cover is a Yes/No custom column indicating whether the book has a cover in its original Source Library. Obviously, there are no covers in a CALM Target Library, just as there are no formats and no .opf files.

DaltonST
Old 12-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #38
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've read it but, as I haven't added composite custom columns, I had not associated it. I've "cleaned" the library, left the two same columns I had before and it works, thank you.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #39
saluli
Connoisseur
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
Hi.
I am trying to use the plugin but I must have been doing something wrong, cause I can't select the custom columns.

I select the source libraries I want to use and click the save button. Then I try to ' Get All Source Library/Custom Column Combinations' but it gives me an error saying there is no source library selected.

How can I solve this?
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #40
DaltonST
Deviser

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Consolid ate All Library Metadata.json

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluli View Post
Hi.
I am trying to use the plugin but I must have been doing something wrong, cause I can't select the custom columns.

I select the source libraries I want to use and click the save button. Then I try to ' Get All Source Library/Custom Column Combinations' but it gives me an error saying there is no source library selected.

How can I solve this?

@saluli:

You didn't give me much to work on, so there are only two reasons that I can think of:

[1] You are using Calibre Portable, so CALM cannot find this file:

"C:\Users\Saluli\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\C onsolidate All Library Metadata.json" (the odd space in 'Consolidate' is always added by mobilread.com after saving, since a path is so very long...)

Calibre Portable does not play well with many plug-ins, including CALM, unless the user jumps through hoops with several Calibre-specific environment variables. I refer you to the Calibre Portable documentation, as well as to other posts on that topic in this forum.

[2] You are using a "normal" Calibre, but did not first Refresh the Target Library on the Target Library Tab before going to the Source Custom Columns Tab. Remember that CALM is an add-on, not just a plug-in, and the Target Library is a very special metadata.db that also comes with a special metadata_tools.db file. Normally, you would first configure using the Target Library Tab, then the Source Library Tab, and then the Source Custom Columns Tab.

DaltonST
Old 01-11-2016, 06:09 PM   #41
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I will admit I'm quite surprised at two things here
a) the requirment to launch calibre as ADMINISITRATOR
b) the statement that many plugins don't work with calibre portable

Can you point me to examples please (especially of the second)?

I will admit I installed Portable and CALM and it appeared to work. Do remember that if you DO use portable, you do NOT run the calibre command; rather you launch calibre-portable.exe
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #42
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I will admit I'm quite surprised at two things here
a) the requirment to launch calibre as ADMINISITRATOR
b) the statement that many plugins don't work with calibre portable

Can you point me to examples please (especially of the second)?

I will admit I installed Portable and CALM and it appeared to work. Do remember that if you DO use portable, you do NOT run the calibre command; rather you launch calibre-portable.exe

CALM spawns operating system subprocesses that Windows 7 UAC stops dead unless the Calibre has been started as an Administrator. Library Codes does the same thing.

There was no statement that "many plugins don't work with calibre portable". The statement was exactly:
Quote:
Calibre Portable does not play well with many plug-ins, including CALM, unless the user jumps through hoops with several Calibre-specific environment variables. I refer you to the Calibre Portable documentation, as well as to other posts on that topic in this forum.
You are a Calibre expert and very technical. The fact that you installed Portable such that it could find the CALM .json configuration file does not surprise me at all. However, simple users have not been so lucky since they are not up to changing the environment variables.

Personally, I have never used Calibre Portable at all, and have no idea how to install or use it.

DaltonST
Old 01-11-2016, 06:44 PM   #43
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I never changed ANY environment variables. I merely ran Portable as it was intended to run.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 03:19 AM   #44
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@DaltonST - I can appreciate that testing your PI's under OS/X or Linux isn't easy without extra hardware and/or perhaps configuring virtual machines.

But Calibre Portable runs on Windows, perhaps you're not aware that it can reside on the same machine as an installed version of Calibre for Windows and they will operate quite independently of one another, different libraries, different configuration data (hence plugins and their data).

The user does NOT have to change any environment settings or jump through any other hoops - all they have to do is to run calibre-portable.exe from wherever they put it.

The only 'limitation' is that you can't run Calibre Portable and Calibre Installed concurrently - but that's because of Calibre's 'single-instance' restriction, nothing to do with Portable per se.

I suggest you 'install' portable and check it out, its a self extracting .exe that unpacks to whatever location you nominate. It could be a thumb drive; anywhere but Program Files or Program Files(x86)

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:56 AM   #45
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.12 - Miscellaneous enhancements.

A new version has been posted:

Version 2.0.12 - 2016-01-12 Miscellaneous enhancements.

DaltonST

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags