Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 07-05-2019, 02:30 AM   #16
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
Thank you so much, sun surfer!
As I nominated Endymion, I've never thought that you've also got prepared to nominate the works of John Keats. What a coincidence! But I like that, it's exactly the charm of our book club with so many different thought backgrounds and life experiences.
I'm also grateful for your very precise informations about Lucian and his opus magnum. All the nominations are amazing and I'm looking forward to what's to come as the winner of this month.
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #17
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Nominations are complete and voting is now open!

Voting will close exactly four days from this post.

Each person has EIGHT votes to use.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #18
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is an interesting slate! I was also hoping to see what AnotherCat might nominate (and what anyone else might nominate for that matter), but still the choices this month are great.

One thing I noticed is that every single nomination has a distinct country or country group. Bookworm_Girl, I also noticed each of your nominations is by an author that is connected to England but also has other country ties, which is an interesting coincidence unless you were going for that theme.

Another thing I noticed is that this might be the most diverse group of nominations we've ever had in regards to years. Not only do we have seven different decades represented, but we also have an astounding six different centuries represented!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
This month was a fun topic to look for nominations.
Glad you enjoyed the search! I admit I found it difficult to find anything I wanted to nominate for the 'secondary job' aspect of the topic even though I tried, but the night aspect gave me plenty of different words and themes to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnenmonat View Post
Thank you so much, sun surfer!
As I nominated Endymion, I've never thought that you've also got prepared to nominate the works of John Keats. What a coincidence! But I like that, it's exactly the charm of our book club with so many different thought backgrounds and life experiences.
I was glad for your nomination since it made it easy to decide which three to nominate of the four I was still considering. It is very interesting we both though of Keats for this month though; maybe he just has a very moonlit quality!

Last edited by sun surfer; 07-05-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #19
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

I'll be happy with any of these. For now I'll use seven of my votes, and because it was too hard to decide otherwise I've basically just left out the two longest though they look good too. So one vote to each of these-

A True Story
The Garden of Evening Mists
Endymion
Our Souls at Night
Tales of Moonlight and Rain
Moon Tiger
The Moon and Sixpence
Old 07-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #20
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
They are all excellent recommendations! I am excited about the options this month and don't have any obvious preferences. I need to download some samples to help with my votes.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2019, 12:38 AM   #21
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
...I was also hoping to see what AnotherCat might nominate (and what anyone else might nominate for that matter), but still the choices this month are great...
I thought that I would lay cat lazily low this month but I will be reading whatever the choice is (except poetry which unfortunately sends me into a tailspin ).

It is an interesting selection, two of which were already on my tablet for me to get to at some near term time.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:51 AM   #22
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
I thought that I would lay cat lazily low this month but I will be reading whatever the choice is (except poetry which unfortunately sends me into a tailspin ).

It is an interesting selection, two of which were already on my tablet for me to get to at some near term time.
Heh, that's fine. I would say you're having a nice hot laying cat lazily low summer month, but for you it might be more like a nice cool laying cat lazily low winter month. I'm guessing you might already know this, but you can still vote on the selection even without nominating anything, if you like.
Old 07-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #23
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I’m going to start with these votes.

A True Story - 1
The Garden of Evening Mists - 2
Our Souls at Night - 1
Moon Tiger - 1
The Moon and Sixpence - 2
Old 07-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #24
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

About an hour and a half left for voting!
Old 07-09-2019, 11:05 AM   #25
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

I just realised when double checking votes that The Moon and Sixpence should have three, so that’s been corrected. A few minutes left to vote.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #26
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

It looks as though we’re headed to a run off, so I’ll give my last vote to A True Story to add another.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #27
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

~To tie is human, to run-off divine.~

Initial voting is complete and we have a three-way tie! The tie is between:

-A True Story
-The Garden of Evening Mists
-The Moon and Sixpence

Run-off voting is now open!

Voting will close exactly TWO DAYS from this post.

Each person has TWO votes to use.

If the run-off also happens to end in a tie, the selection that received all its votes first will win.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:32 AM   #28
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
I am so sorry, I was extremely busy these several days and forgot to vote. I hope it wouldn't be too late for me. I'd like to give Lucian my vote. If it could also be two, then he'll get two from me. Sorry once again for my ignorance.
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #29
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

No problem, Spinnenmonat! I hope everything is going well. You are not too late for the run-off and yes you are able to give two votes so I've counted two votes from you.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:09 AM   #30
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I’m fine with any of these so I can’t decide how to vote.