Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #1
crudepatchwork
crudepatchwork began at the beginning.

Device: Bq Cervantes 3
koreader-cervantes dependencies appear to be corrupt

I've recently updated the version of koreader on my Cervantes 3 (there's some bugfixes in there that I needed as my hacked alternatives were... not good), and I see there's some new .debs to install in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311571.

Unfortunately, it appears that the iproute2 dependency is corrupt; dpkg -i complains when it attempts to decompress/hash the package.

Could someone please either update that dep *or* please point me to how you're building deps for the (now gone) variant of wheezy the Cervantes 3 runs?

Cheers!

Last edited by crudepatchwork; 04-14-2019 at 11:12 PM.
crudepatchwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
The koreader-cervantes-arm-cervantes-linux-gnueabi-v2019.04.zip file is for those devices.

The Debian packages are for "regular" desktop Debian. They draw on SDL and don't use the special E Ink driver commands.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2019, 07:20 AM   #3
crudepatchwork

No; the Cervantes runs an old Debian wheezy distro and is missing some modern niceties. As per that thread, Cervantes users need both koreader *and* some .debs for the full experience (you'll note that kodeps is compiled for `armel`, not for x86 ). safemode, unzip and iputils-ping all seem fine, but the iproute2 .deb in that .tgz fails to install, and I'm unsure what tools I'd need to rebuild it myself (koxtoolchain and a src deb maybe, but I've no idea where that src deb is as Wheezy's basically vanished from the internet).

The md5sum for iproute2 in both ko-deps.tgz and ko-deps-latest.tgz matches, so unfortunately I can't just grab a working version from the old package.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Debian archive should have all of Wheezy, and I imagine these packages shouldn't be too hard to backport from Jessie or even a newer version. There's also a wheezy-backports archive. Is there anything special about iproute2 over the iproute package?

Just change your sources.list to the relevant http://archive.debian.org/ stuff.

My apologies for the misunderstanding btw, but the architecture isn't relevant to it.

koreader-2019.04-amd64.deb
koreader-2019.04-armel.deb
koreader-2019.04-armhf.deb

You could run one of those on your Raspberry Pi or something, but presumably also on a Cervantes device with an X server. It'd just be very stupid.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard

Btw, you said iproute2, but it looks like that iproute 2012 version is just the regular Wheezy one?

Code:
Package: iproute
Source: iproute (20120521-3)
Version: 20120521-3+b3
Installed-Size: 891
Maintainer: Debian iproute maintainers <ah-iproute@debian.org>
Architecture: armel
Provides: arpd
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.4), libdb5.1, libgcc1 (>= 1:4.4.0)
Recommends: libatm1
Suggests: iproute-doc
Conflicts: arpd
Description: networking and traffic control tools
Multi-Arch: foreign
Homepage: http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Net:Iproute2
Description-md5: f67b095457cae50da19c60c2f3598174
Tag: admin::configuring, implemented-in::c, interface::commandline,
 network::configuration, role::program, scope::utility, use::routing
Section: net
Priority: important
Filename: pool/main/i/iproute/iproute_20120521-3+b3_armel.deb
Size: 450696
MD5sum: 9de214f40494967faa203ff81dce9a87
SHA1: fe55866b9f101ddee489dc6c6ef778328c2dd8fe
SHA256: 29fe46a20d45dc3dc386e4dbc126afeaba4933ea037157b079414cda98a5a505
In any case, besides using the repo you can also just grab 'em manually:

http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/iproute/
http://archive.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/iproute2/
Advert
Old 04-15-2019, 08:12 PM   #6
crudepatchwork

I'm slamming my head into a wall for not remembering archive.debian.org, *sigh*. For whatever reason, after digging through a huge stack of the current Debian project's site, I could only find dead links to wheezy packages. Dead links like https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/iproute everywhere.

It's not that I want one of the koreader.debs -- I get that they won't work , I've got the cervantes zip -- I just need one of the packages (iproute2) from ko-deps-latest.tar.gz in that thread, otherwise when koreader interacts with the wifi chip it crashes.

Thanks for pointing me to the archive, that's immensely helpful . I'll report back once it's up and running.