Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-19-2015, 11:07 AM   #751
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post
Now the only remaining eyesore at AO3 is the author commentary thinly disguised as tags, but sadly, there is little to be done about that aside from inserting them to replace metadata as we encounter them.
The best solution I have for that is to use the include_metadata_post feature to only keep tags that you've explicitly allowed.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #752
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted (direct link).

Updates for (yet more) mediaminer.org changes.

I don't read that site, so I've only done spot checking. If you use mediaminer.org, please use this version for a while while watching for problems.

And FYI, the echo ' that appears at the end of every chapter is something mediaminer.org is putting there. I suggest somebody (who uses their site) ask them to fix it.
Advert
Old 11-20-2015, 02:34 PM   #753
edeniz
Zealot
edeniz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, Tolino Shine, Samsung Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The best solution I have for that is to use the include_metadata_post feature to only keep tags that you've explicitly allowed.
Thank you for the tip.
edeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 07:39 AM   #754
edeniz
Zealot

Sorry, me again. A bit of a problem I'm having with the new (and wonderful!) ship2chars feature.

Example fic:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/812190

In this story, the pairing is given as John/Rodney. Obviously "John" and "Rodney" as characters is a no-go, especially when the character list already contains "John Sheppard" and "Rodney McKay". So how do I rename the ship before the ship2char activates?

I thought I could fix it by simply adding to replace_metadata:
Spoiler:
Code:
 characters=>John=>John Sheppard&&category=>Stargate Atlantis
 characters=>Rodney=>Rodney McKay&&category=>Stargate Atlantis
 ships=>John/Rodney=>John Sheppard/Rodney McKay&&category=>Stargate Atlantis
 ships=>John/Rodney=>John Sheppard/Rodney McKay&&category=>Stargate: Atlantis

But that only caused the output to be a repeat, as in:
Spoiler:
John, John Sheppard Sheppard, Rodney, Rodney McKay McKay

I've reread the relevant wiki pages a few times over again, and I get the impression that the solution should be easy, that I'm overlooking something yet again, but no idea what. (Well, aside from deactivating ships2char for the fics in question, that is.)
Old 11-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #755
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeniz View Post
I thought I could fix it by simply adding to replace_metadata:
Spoiler:
Code:
 characters=>John=>John Sheppard&&category=>Stargate Atlantis
 characters=>Rodney=>Rodney McKay&&category=>Stargate Atlantis
 ships=>John/Rodney=>John Sheppard/Rodney McKay&&category=>Stargate Atlantis
 ships=>John/Rodney=>John Sheppard/Rodney McKay&&category=>Stargate: Atlantis

'John' and 'Rodney match and replace the first name parts of 'John Sheppard' and 'Rodney McKay'--which is functioning as designed.

Instead try:
Code:
 characters=>^John$=>John Sheppard&&category=>Stargate Atlantis
 characters=>^Rodney$=>Rodney McKay&&category=>Stargate Atlantis
^ matches beginning of a string and $ matches the end.
Advert
Old 11-23-2015, 01:55 PM   #756
edeniz
Zealot

Quote:
^ matches beginning of a string and $ matches the end.
I knew I was overlooking something obvious. Thank you very much!
Old 11-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #757
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New version released:

Version 2.2.15 - 23 Nov 2015

- Add series00-04HTml to defaults.ini for AO3.

- Comment out debug that can cause additional errors depending on content.

- Add html5lib to more BS4 calls, convert another place to BS4.

- Fix for whofic.com with replace_br_with_p.

- Fix for UnNew epubs with & or double quote in chap title.

- Add sort_ships_splits and ships_CHARS.

- Reduce over long error msgs when editing personal.ini(plugin).

- Update translations(plugin).

- Change str() to unicode() many places.

- Make sort_ships honor doreplacements (and .NOREPL) flag.

- Updates for mediaminer.org.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:52 PM   #758
kakashi524
kakashi524 began at the beginning.

Device: Smartphone Huawei Y320
Not working on storiesonline.net

Hi, I just updated the plugin and was about to download a story (http://storiesonline.net/s/76454/second-chance) when I got this error:
"None of the 1 URLs/stories given can be/need to be downloaded"

and this log:

Title: Unknown
Author: Unknown
Comment: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
URL: http://storiesonline.net/s/76454

I tried a few more and I got the exact same error. I'm using Win 8.1 64-bit, Calibre 2.44.1 64-bit, FanFicFare 2.2.15. Thanks!
kakashi524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 11:20 PM   #759
Robin42069
Enthusiast
Robin42069 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
i got the same message as kakashi524 myself. it stopped working today
Robin42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:23 AM   #760
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Test version posted (direct link).

2015-11-23

- Update for changes to storiesonline.net site.

Site now requires https for login. But https doesn't work for story URLs.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:34 AM   #761
ij26
ij26 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Using the "Get Story URLs from Web Page" option doesn't quite work properly for Fimfiction. For example, when I try to use it with Pumpernickel Rye's stories page, I get:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Story URLs, one per line
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/75907/5/the-queen-of-hearts/dating-damsels-in-distress-for-dragon-dummies
A link to a random chapter, instead of to the story as a whole. Using the chapter URL still downloads the whole story, but it's still odd.

More annoyingly, when I try to use it with Kkat's stories page, I get the message "No Valid Story URLs found on given page.". Presumably that's because both of their stories are rated Mature, and so hidden by default.

I have "is_adult:true" under "[www.fimfiction.net]" uncommented in personal.ini, but it doesn't seem to make a difference; apparently that's only referred to when saving fics, not when retrieving URLs.

Finally, the plugin apparently shrinks large images; leaving stories like Celestia by NTSTS unreadable.

(Still a great plugin for other uses, so thanks for all your work on it.)

Last edited by ij26; 11-24-2015 at 01:37 AM.
ij26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #762
kakashi524
kakashi524 began at the beginning.

Device: Smartphone Huawei Y320
Quote:
Test version posted (direct link).

2015-11-23

- Update for changes to storiesonline.net site.

Site now requires https for login. But https doesn't work for story URLs.
I just tried the test version, it works fine for me. Thanks!
kakashi524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #763
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ij26 View Post
Using the "Get Story URLs from Web Page" option doesn't quite work properly for Fimfiction. For example, when I try to use it with Pumpernickel Rye's stories page, I get:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/759...dragon-dummies

A link to a random chapter, instead of to the story as a whole. Using the chapter URL still downloads the whole story, but it's still odd.
That's a feature that was deliberately added by one of the other devs. I don't recall the exact reasoning anymore, but as long as it still works for everybody else, I'm prepared to live with slightly unsightly URLs.

Quote:
More annoyingly, when I try to use it with Kkat's stories page, I get the message "No Valid Story URLs found on given page.". Presumably that's because both of their stories are rated Mature, and so hidden by default.

I have "is_adult:true" under "[www.fimfiction.net]" uncommented in personal.ini, but it doesn't seem to make a difference; apparently that's only referred to when saving fics, not when retrieving URLs.
Correct. The Get Story URLs from Web Page isn't site specific like story downloading.

However, it does already have some code specifically for AO3 to login to see mature links. I will look into duplicating that for FimF.

Quote:
Finally, the plugin apparently shrinks large images; leaving stories like Celestia by NTSTS unreadable.
That is the default epub behavior, yes. Most ereader devices that I've tested with have small screens, only accept JPGs and don't like transparency.

However, you can turn that off in personal.ini with:
Code:
[epub]
## This switch prevents FanFicFare from doing any processing on the images.
## Usually they would be converted to jpg, resized and optionally made
## grayscale.
no_image_processing: true
Old 11-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #764
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted (direct link).

2015-11-24

- Set is_adult cookie for FimF on 'Get URLs from Page' if set in personal.ini.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #765
ij26
ij26 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
That's a feature that was deliberately added by one of the other devs.
That's weird if true, but fair enough, I guess.

Quote:
Correct. The Get Story URLs from Web Page isn't site specific like story downloading.

However, it does already have some code specifically for AO3 to login to see mature links. I will look into duplicating that for FimF.
Thanks. (Also, strictly speaking you don't have to log in to Fimfiction to see mature links; you just need the appropriate cookie set.)

Quote:
That is the default epub behavior, yes. Most ereader devices that I've tested with have small screens, only accept JPGs and don't like transparency.

However, you can turn that off in personal.ini with:
Code:
[epub]
## This switch prevents FanFicFare from doing any processing on the images.
## Usually they would be converted to jpg, resized and optionally made
## grayscale.
no_image_processing: true
Done; thanks.

Incidentally, while editing personal.ini, I also noticed:
Code:
[www.fimfiction.net]
is_adult:true
#fail_on_password: false
Does uncommenting that allow password-protected stories to be downloaded? Why is it commented by default?
ij26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction